Greetings & Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctgent

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just acquired an 04 liberty, my first Jeep. 161 K and as you can imagine i'm learning as I go. That said, anyone care to give a quick list of things to look at that the Liberty's are known for? Its the sport, 3.7L V6. so far my hit list includes power mirror failure, parking brake adjustment and the air bag warning lights are on.(Dealer service issue I know.) Thanks for your input.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just acquired an 04 liberty, my first Jeep. 161 K and as you can imagine i'm learning as I go. That said, anyone care to give a quick list of things to look at that the Liberty's are known for? Its the sport, 3.7L V6. so far my hit list includes power mirror failure, parking brake adjustment and the air bag warning lights are on.(Dealer service issue I know.) Thanks for your input.

Do you know the back history of it?
If not what I always do is go front to back with all fluids, oil, cooling ( HOAT antifreeze only ) , P/S, Brake fluid, front diff, transfer case, rear diff and check transmission, flush/change all
new spark plugs NGK coppers only
check suspension lower ball joints, upper control arms , sway bar bushings and links in front
measure suspension, on the 04 it would of been 19 inches from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare when new
rear suspension check tri-link and lower control arms

NOW , tomorrow I will give you my Day Two list !

pitviper286

Reaction score
Check the pads on the parking brake as well. Mine was rusted so bad the pads wouldn't move.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk