Cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
So I got an 03 jeep liberty without cruise control I was wondering if there was a way I could add cruise control I drive on the interstate every day and it would be very convenient to have it

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not all 03s have the wiring for the cruise control. May have to go with some aftermarket one

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Tinkrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tinkrr
I replied to this a few days ago from a campground WiFi and it is not in my sent folder so here goes again

I ordered my CC Kit from Jeepsareus they had 10 kits in stock at the time for 05 KJ 3.7 Litre eng.
They emailed the installation instructions to me when I placed the order. The kit was complete and took just over an hour to install and test it.

-Disconnect the negative battery lead
-remove the steering wheel cover bolts(2)
-disconnect the air bag ground cable at both ends and remove
-Remove the switch blanks and install the CC switches(2 screws)
-Install new cable and plug into the steering wheel the two CC switches and the air bag ground
-remove the air hose from the cold air box to the throttle body and the PCV system(2 Hose clamps
-remove the cold air box
-install the servo/vacuum motor
-remove the throttle cable(retainer clip and push small detent on bottom ofthe cable)
-slide CC cable into the throttle cable and hook to pin on the throttle
- replace the throttle cable and retaining clip
-hook up the vacuum hose to the ont under the coolant expansion tank
-replace the cold air box,hoses and reconnect the negative cable to the battery
-close the hood your done
-Time for a test drive

The kit is complete with genuine MOPAR parts and nothing extra is required.

The only problem i experience was a Plastic Tee o the PCV system broke(crumbled) when I removed the hose from the air filter box. I'm assuming the Tee was embrittled from engine heat.

Latest posts

Members online