15" rims for a Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

owls03

Reaction score
Everyone,
I have been given a set of 15" 98 Wrangler tj rims with good tires. I wanted to swap these for the tires and rusting steel rims currently on my 2004 Liberty. The problem is that the front rims hit the calipers, which prevents the rim from contacting the rotor to tighten the nuts. I wanted to know if spacers will resolve this problem for me or are the 15" rims just too small for the front?

Last edited:

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I think 15" has interference with the calipers but it's a rusty memory forum reading so... try one?

Shinier memories will know for sure.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone,
I have been given a set of 15" 98 Wrangler tj rims with good tires. I wanted to swap these for the tires and rusting steel rims currently on my 2004 Liberty. The problem is that the front rims hit the calipers, which prevents the rim from contacting the rotor to tighten the nuts. I wanted to know if spacers will resolve this problem for me or are the 15" rims just too small for the front?

Are you lifted?
If not, then no spacers will only make a small issue much bigger .
Due to sagging springs, installing spacers will push the wheel out more and cause rubbing
ONLY 15 inch wheels when unlifted is 7 inch wide and 5 inches of backspacing like the Soft 8s

owls03

Reaction score
Are you lifted?
If not, then no spacers will only make a small issue much bigger .
Due to sagging springs, installing spacers will push the wheel out more and cause rubbing
ONLY 15 inch wheels when unlifted is 7 inch wide and 5 inches of backspacing like the Soft 8s
I will have to check about the lift. I just purchased it from a used dealer and never asked. It looks stock to me. This is the first Jeep I have owned. Thanks for the knowledge!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I will have to check about the lift. I just purchased it from a used dealer and never asked. It looks stock to me. This is the first Jeep I have owned. Thanks for the knowledge!

Measure from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare on left front and report back. That will tell you how much difference from new stock height

Latest posts

Members online