04 Liberty V-6 that I surprisingly like :-)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattsJeep

Reaction score
Hi to forum! Already posted a question, my mpg, and found several interesting projects. Thank you, to the community!

Whenever I get a vehicle, I join a forum poste haste. You gotta research problems.

new to me, 04 with 150k on the clock. burns oil. Hand-me-down from a brother whose kid used it for 4 years. Little maintenance history. It had blowing fuses and engine light on. My brother didn't think it would pass emissions and gave it to me to recondition and use in Arizona. (no emissions)

Already got parts flying to me in the mail, fixed the fuses and cleared the code. I currently ride motorcycles and don't own a car. This will be fun, and will please my gf.

Clicked on this website a year ago? Bought a Jeep Cherokee overseas in Qatar, and wanted to restore it. That is another story of profound tragedy and heart rending joy. Found out today that my UN was taken- RedMenace.
maybe that is me?!? Oh well. Lost PW and have no memory, so let's just pretend it didn't happen. ok?

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was special about the Jeep in Qatar? Seems like a big hassle just to get a Cherokee.

MattsJeep

Reaction score
It was not an import. Just a cheap 4x4 which is sincerely needed in the desert. Everyone drives 4x4's and most are very nice Nissan/Lexus. Qatar is an interesting moto environment. 4x4's rule the road, sedans only make up 10-20% and most are taxis in the city. The models go by other names overseas. The "Cherokee" name was taken for KJ's or KK's over there. Can't quite remember which!
It was old and beat up (2002? 2010?), so I got a bargain. The downside was the transmission pooped the bed on the ride home. The broker was a sweetheart of a man and handed me my cash, and took it back. I was out 150USD for a tow.
It was black, and I had plans to put Chicago Blackhawk paint on it With the Cherokee name, and what not.
Never happened.....
Thanks for asking :)

Latest posts

Members online