03’ Liberty Sport v6 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron4x4

Reaction score
Hey,

So I just bought my Liberty Sport 4x4 and I have 245/70R16 tires but I think my Jeep is lifted but I have no idea... no information about it but I notice I sit pretty tall in it.

Here’s a picture:
You must be registered for see images attach

I know it sounds like a stupid question ok, so give me a break. New to the jeep life.

I’m clearly need new rims which is why I’m asking about the lift because I might go bigger if you guys think it’s possible. I want a negative offset so I’m stickin out a fuzz with the rims I decide to get. Any help, helps lol.

Thanks,
aaron

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Measure from the bottom of the flair to the center of the wheel. Stock is 19", this will tell us if you're lifted or stock and sagging. Without this we won't be able to know what size tire will fit.

Aaron4x4

Reaction score
Measure from the bottom of the flair to the center of the wheel. Stock is 19", this will tell us if you're lifted or stock and sagging. Without this we won't be able to know what size tire will fit.

Thank you for the response. I just measured and in the in the front I got 20.5” and in the rear I got 21.5” so i’m at LEAST lifted an inch and a half.

Now, what are my options for tire sizes?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
With only that much lift stick with the size you have
and don't get wide wheels with lots of backspacing to make them stick out, only have more problems
16 X 7 inch wheel with 4 inches of backspacing , can run your size now or will work great if you go a little bigger later

Aaron4x4

Reaction score
With only that much lift stick with the size you have
and don't get wide wheels with lots of backspacing to make them stick out, only have more problems
16 X 7 inch wheel with 4 inches of backspacing , can run your size now or will work great if you go a little bigger later

Thank you, Tom. I hear to trust your word, so I been looking all afternoon online for something that would best suit my situation. I decided to just stick with my new AT tires that came on the Jeep and I’m about to order these bad boys:

ProComp Series 69
16x8 wheel size
5x4.5 bolt pattern as is
4” backspace
-12 offset

I am excited about these because I don’t need to buy new tires, they’re fairly cheap, and they provide the offset look I was going for.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, Tom. I hear to trust your word, so I been looking all afternoon online for something that would best suit my situation. I decided to just stick with my new AT tires that came on the Jeep and I’m about to order these bad boys:

ProComp Series 69
16x8 wheel size
5x4.5 bolt pattern as is
4” backspace
-12 offset

I am excited about these because I don’t need to buy new tires, they’re fairly cheap, and they provide the offset look I was going for.

No please do not order those
1st too wide for your tires
2nd too wide and bad backspacing , will cause lots of issues with rubbing
3rd,.....I posted what would work, again 16 X 7 with 4 inches of backspacing, NOT 16 X 8 , see number one and 2 above
8 inch wide wheel run 5 inches of backspacing
but like I said too wide for your tires
stock is 16x7 5 inches of backspacing so the 16x7 with 4 will put it out another inch
you do not want them out past the flares no higher than what you are trust me

Aaron4x4

Reaction score
No please do not order those
1st too wide for your tires
2nd too wide and bad backspacing , will cause lots of issues with rubbing
3rd,.....I posted what would work, again 16 X 7 with 4 inches of backspacing, NOT 16 X 8 , see number one and 2 above
8 inch wide wheel run 5 inches of backspacing
but like I said too wide for your tires
stock is 16x7 5 inches of backspacing so the 16x7 with 4 will put it out another inch
you do not want them out past the flares no higher than what you are trust me

Thankfully out of excitement I was too worried to buy those rims right off the bat without hearing back from you, so I’m still safe lol. I am trying to find some rims that will fit my tires that look similar to the ones I found. Just not sure about the offset, can I still have my tires poking out?

I am having serious trouble finding a site with the proper filter items needed to search specifically for the wheels I need. Can anyone direct me to a subsearch/filtered website or anything that would help me narrow down my results?

EDIT: I found these ones online, still within my price range.

I have learned a lot about tires the past week or so thanks to this forum, hope I don’t come off as sounding stupid. I am new to the Jeep life but I am loving it so far, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
16 x 7 will set the tire and wheel right at the very edge of the flares.
If you have the tire/wheel "poke out " at your low height you will have lots of rubbing issues
Besides why would you want that ? :icon_razz:

Aaron4x4

Reaction score
and.............................................he's gone

Oh okay so the width of the rim with the backspacing is going to addyo the “offset” i’m thinking of. Interesting. Well, those Cragar’s 16x7, 5x4.5, 4” backspacing are the ones I’m going to buy.

Latest posts

Members online