Adding User Interface Cable(USB) to sub equipped KK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnldfte

Reaction score
My KK has the 430N radio with subwoofer. It did not however come with the USB cable in the glove box or center console. I purchased the cable from my dealer. I removed the radio and there was no place to plug in the cable. The dealer said it plugged in to the Uconnect module located behiong the glove box under the right most AC vent. There was nothing located under that vent. The parts guy conversed with his service techs and a solution was found. The Uconnect module is located under the subwoofer in the back of factory 430N equipped KKs. Unclip the top and bottom trim pieces from the hatch. Use a torx head screwdriver to remove the right tie down Dring. Use a srewdriver and open the trapdoor cover at the top of the post next to the right passenger seat. Remove the phillips screw located underneath and unsnap every clip holding the plastic panel around the right rear window that you can without removing the rear seat. Flex the panel out. Use a 10mm ratchet to remove the front and rear bolts holding the sub. Lean the sub forward and expose the Uconnect module.

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 86

dnldfte

Reaction score
continued

The cable plugs into the bottom plug. Unfortunately it is only long enough to reach the front of the passenger rear seat. I had a Usb extension cable I plugged into it and ran it under the passenger side floor trim. after threading it under the passenger seat I plugged my Ipod cable into it. I can now browse all of the music on my ipod using the radio as the interface and still have my phone hooked up via bluetooth to answer hands free calls. The front USB port on the radio is free to use a flashdrive in and the cigarette light plug no longer has to charge the Ipod. I also removed the headphone plug I use to have to plug into the aux input to listen to the ipod with.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 59

SniperJF

Reaction score
Impressive. Although nowadays you can just use your phone as an iPod and it's great because it stops the music when there is a call. That said a very good add-on to have that option!

Latest posts

Members online