Ac only blows through defroster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USMCpaden

Reaction score
OK look, I need some help. Im decent at fixing things on most cars but I for sure don't know everything and usually go through YouTube or some of my mechanic buddies which is why I'm here.

2012 jeep liberty sport...

My ac blows nice and cold but out of nowhere yesterday it began only blowing through the defrost vents. I checked the relays and disconnected then reconnected the control panel for the ac/heat. I'm guessing it my be a vacuum leak but I'd where to start with finding it or where the lines might be. Can anybody help out please? Break it down barney style or even send pics or short video to my email if that helps to explain easier...

Last edited:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does ANY air at all blow out of the other vents?

If you can't switch any of your climate controls to move from defrost, to floor, or dash vent, that tells me that the actuator is not receiving its vacuum signal. Can you get under the dash and verify that the actuator is not stuck/seized in any way?

Martinadam

Reaction score
There are a few entryways and vacuum actuators behind the dash. For air to leave the dash vents you require vacuum at the "mode entryway" actuator and vacuum at the "defrost entryway" actuator. This keeps the defrost entryway shut and, in the meantime, guides air to the dash vents rather than the floor (radiator) vent.

Coltb46

Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I’m experiencing the same thing...I know this is a old thread but I can’t find any “newish” info on this.

*ac blowing only through defeost***

Last edited: