08 Jeep Liberty Blend Door Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Katie86

Reaction score
I was pointed in the direction of replacing the blend door actuator in my friends 08 Liberty. Her AC and heat seem to work fine in the front center vents, but do not blow air whatsoever from the far left or far right vents. (I also do not feel air blow when directed toward the floor of vehicle, personally)...
My questions for Jeep pros on here:
1: does this sound like a definite actuator issue?
2: having this issue on both the driver and passenger sides, I’m dreading the idea that I’d have two actuators to replace (as I’ve seen videos that newer models have more than one, but ALSO have personal driver/passenger heating/cooling options, whereas my 08 model does not)
3: if I’m fortunate enough to have only one actuator to replace, I’ve seen several videos showing I’d be replacing it on the passenger side near glove box- if so, am I looking at a ton of dash-plastic removal?!
I’d much rather do the work than have her put out the money at a shop- especially when the part runs at about $40. I just have not found any 08 specific videos to learn from and would appreciate the job done right!
TIA!
Kate