Downsizing to 16" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis85904

Reaction score
My KK is a limited and came stock with 18" wheels. I recently went down to 17" wheels as the tire shop advised that my calipers/rotors were too large for 16" wheels. Looking for some expertise from other members who have gone from 18" to 16" and what's necessary. Is it as simple as just swapping the rotors and calipers out? If so what size do I need?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My KK is a limited and came stock with 18" wheels. I recently went down to 17" wheels as the tire shop advised that my calipers/rotors were too large for 16" wheels. Looking for some expertise from other members who have gone from 18" to 16" and what's necessary. Is it as simple as just swapping the rotors and calipers out? If so what size do I need?

You can run 16s, some of the KKs came stock with 16 inch wheels, so just find a set of them and good to go

Travis85904

Reaction score
Dang man. Really wishing I would've gone with the 16s then. I just looked at the calipers again and it does seem as if there would be enough room to go down again. In your opinion is it worth paying the ~600 on another set of wheels to get an extra .75" of sidewall? I just got done with a trip up to the mountains and the difference was like night and day. Then again the previous tires that came with the vehicle were basically just a highway tire (destination le2)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Brakes/ calipers etc are the same no matter the model
Is it worth it? Thats up to you really