Anyone ran Cooper Discoverer H/T?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaneOK

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying these tires.

Mostly my wife drives the jeep to school about 60 miles a day 5 days a week. I would like to put something more aggressive on it but I feel like these may be a smarter choice in case she gets caught on a little ice.

Has anyone ran these? Is there any reason they wouldn't work?

Cooper Discoverer H/T All-Season Tire - 225/75R16 104S

Thanks.

Edit: Whoops, this is a 2006...

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to double-check, but i'm pretty sure those are what were on my 07 when I bought it a couple years ago. Lemme put it like this...

Those tires suck so ******* bad that the ******* Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires make these ******* pieces of shit look like ******* race tires. The Coopers were so ******* bad I could spin all 4 wheels on dry pavement without even trying! Think about that. They still have half their tread life left but mother of ******* god they were so asstastically bad I wouldn't let Obama ride around on them for fear Biden would become president within a couple minutes.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest a "street friendly" A/T. That way you have plenty of tread, lots of grip in the dry and wet, and solid snow traction.

I went with the Hankook Dynapro ATM...but those might be a bit too aggressive for you. A buddy of mine went with the Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure with Kevlar. They're decent looking tires but definitely a less aggressive tread. A comparable tire would be the Firestone Destination A/T. I've also heard great things about those.

Hope this helps!!

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to double-check, but i'm pretty sure those are what were on my 07 when I bought it a couple years ago. Lemme put it like this...

Those tires suck so ******* bad that the ******* Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires make these ******* pieces of shit look like ******* race tires. The Coopers were so ******* bad I could spin all 4 wheels on dry pavement without even trying! Think about that. They still have half their tread life left but mother of ******* god they were so asstastically bad I wouldn't let Obama ride around on them for fear Biden would become president within a couple minutes.

I'm presuming your ******* = Stinkin? :happy175:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would second the firestone recommendation for a "street" tire.

LaneOK

Reaction score

Wow, glad I asked here, I haven't found much info on them but I thought they had pretty good reviews on dry pavement and ice which is my main concern. Thanks.

LaneOK

Reaction score
I would suggest a "street friendly" A/T. That way you have plenty of tread, lots of grip in the dry and wet, and solid snow traction.

I went with the Hankook Dynapro ATM...but those might be a bit too aggressive for you. A buddy of mine went with the Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure with Kevlar. They're decent looking tires but definitely a less aggressive tread. A comparable tire would be the Firestone Destination A/T. I've also heard great things about those.

Hope this helps!!

I have the 10 ply Hankook Dynapro ATM on my Silverado, its a diesel 3/4 ton, I really like them. My main concern for these tires is dry pavement performance and ice. I'll keep the Hankooks in mind, that may be what I use since I've got some experience with them. What about Firestone LE2s?

Edit: Nevermind about those firestones, I found a good review with some pictures, they lose sipes pretty quickly and lose their effectiveness on ice.

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Non-at tire but all I hear are good things about blizzaks. Very soft tire though so not for over 0 Celsius

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the BF Goodrich Long Trail. Nice tire for the money and has been pretty popular around my area. Even the BFG Rugged Trail is a good performing tire. Cooper H/T is an ok tire, not really anything I'm rave about but I prefer their A/T and M/Ts over most.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 10 ply Hankook Dynapro ATM on my Silverado, its a diesel 3/4 ton, I really like them. My main concern for these tires is dry pavement performance and ice. I'll keep the Hankooks in mind, that may be what I use since I've got some experience with them. What about Firestone LE2s?

Edit: Nevermind about those firestones, I found a good review with some pictures, they lose sipes pretty quickly and lose their effectiveness on ice.

To be quite frank...on ice you're never going to get traction. That's just not how tires work (unless studded). Snow is a different story. I only use 2WD in the snow. 4X4 if it's super deep and I'm looking to have some fun. :gr_grin:

As for the dry pavement scenario...all I look for is grip. Not in-corner handling (it's a Jeep. Not a sports car). And these do the job 10-fold. I can barely even spin these when flooring it around a corner.