16x8.5" wheels with 255-70-16s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Like the title says that's what I have now. I want tires that have a far more aggressive tread and we are concerned about rub. Would spacers help or are they not worth it? The height is fine the width and a full turned wheel has me curious if I could put on slightly taller and wider wheel if I do a 1.5" spacer. Its a 2010 sport no lift or suspension mod

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do need to do something to lift the front a bit the rear end looks like its nothing but wheel well. No clue why it bothers me. Just does lol. Herr's the goal...

You must be registered for see images attach

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spacers actually make the potential for rubbing much greater. Since the spacer increases the arc by pushing the wheel out further you will be inclined to have more rubbing around the rear of the wheel well as well as suspension components, especially the sway bar.

Better to choose wheels with more backspacing.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Like the title says that's what I have now. I want tires that have a far more aggressive tread and we are concerned about rub. Would spacers help or are they not worth it? The height is fine the width and a full turned wheel has me curious if I could put on slightly taller and wider wheel if I do a 1.5" spacer. Its a 2010 sport no lift or suspension mod

First you bought too wide of a wheel to begin with.
With no lift you better stay where you are as far as tire size and those wheels.
Spacers would only cause a lot more rubbing even with the tires you have now

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I do need to do something to lift the front a bit the rear end looks like its nothing but wheel well. No clue why it bothers me. Just does lol. Herr's the goal...

You must be registered for see images attach

:happy175:junk build , too bad they screwed up a good black KK

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bah, wish I would have done some research via forums before buying my jeep. Like putting such wide wheels on etc. And focused more on things that were more beneficial. Well thanks guys. I have 0 rub as it sits now cranked all the way on either side. But the tires I want to get are the hankook dynapro's

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online