Rockfather?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCal KK

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or installed a "Rockfather Deluxe" kit? I recently purchased an 08' Liberty KK and I am looking for the best (most functional) lift. I have seen the options that JBA has to offer, but I also came across this company that is out of Utah called Rocky Road Outfitters. Here is the link to their "Rockfather" page: http://www.rocky-road.com/kkrockfather.html. Any thoughts?
- SoCal KK

Last edited:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a pretty low opinion of Rocky-Road on the forum. I didn't really understand it until I called RR to ask a few questions about their probucts. It was like I was asking to date the guys daughter, he didnt seem to want to give me the "privilege" of purchasing his product. Rocky Road will get none of my business

05kj6spd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have bought from them. I was happy with the products they have worked fine for me. I too noticed that everyone seems to dislike them but I don't understand why. They use Old Man Emu springs which is want a lot of people like. Either way I would say do you homework because their customer service was of no help.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
wrong info above somewhat
RRO uses front OME springs and shocks but then use their own rear springs and cheap shocks
Customer service is bad at best

SoCal KK

Reaction score
Thank you for your responses. I also noticed RRO's poor customer service when I called to obtain more information, Jo6pak couldn't have said it better. Well I will continue to do my research, but it seems as though JBA is the best option available for functional suspension upgrades. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Call Marlin (JBA) and talk to him, great guy and good to deal with. IF you ever have a problem he will do everything he can to make it right with you. Stand up guy and will not steer you wrong.
Well he may, since he told one of the LOST members if he had lift questions just to ask me, but :happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:

colorado76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Upper A-Arms that are Rockfather with Moob ball joints, I must say that, I like them very much. The price was less than JBA Upper A-Arms, but never the less they are both made to change the angle of the ball joints , and the upper arms for a smoother ride on and offroad. Much better than the stock ones, so go with what ever you trust. I trust my Rockfather's they have done the jobs that I have asked of them.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have Upper A-Arms that are Rockfather with Moob ball joints, I must say that, I like them very much. The price was less than JBA Upper A-Arms, but never the less they are both made to change the angle of the ball joints , and the upper arms for a smoother ride on and offroad. Much better than the stock ones, so go with what ever you trust. I trust my Rockfather's they have done the jobs that I have asked of them.

I'd say you are one in a million, know some that bought RRO arms to prove the rest of us wrong and returned them after a very short time!
Good luck in the long run

CRD Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to go with a JBA 4" kit, but even for me (Im usually NOT afraid of spending money) 4500.00 was just to much. That would have been 6 grand installed! After meeting a guy who had a Rockfather Deluxe kit on his truck and how highly he spoke of it I went that route. I know the history of that place. That said, they were excellent to deal with and I have nothing but good things to say about the experience. When all was said and done, and after comparing fender measurements I gained 3" up front and 3.5" in the rear. The rear slowly settled.

Here she is afterwords.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online