Lifting a 2007 Jeep Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacAndrew93

Reaction score
I'm looking at lifting my 2007 libby but don't want to have to worry about a lot of customization. If I'm not mistaken 3in is as tall as you can go without having to do new drivelines and extensions, is that true? I plan on going with a 2.5in suspension kit from rusty's offroad and some sort of 1in spacer kit, I was thinking daystar? any recommendations?

Your help is much appreciated

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking at lifting my 2007 libby but don't want to have to worry about a lot of customization. If I'm not mistaken 3in is as tall as you can go without having to do new drivelines and extensions, is that true? I plan on going with a 2.5in suspension kit from rusty's offroad and some sort of 1in spacer kit, I was thinking daystar? any recommendations?

Your help is much appreciated

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
On anything from Rustys and you'd be better off with no lift than any spacer lift
Rustys is the same spring rate as stock and will sag in a year or less.
Installed one under protest but thats what the guy wanted , rear shocks blew out in 6 months, in a year it was back down to stock height
Spacer lifts are bad since most by the time they get 60-70,000 miles they are already sagged an inch or so ,
OME is the best game in town
PLEASE read through the variour lift posts , hate to see you waste your money
or PM me I'll walk you through making a good riding / handling lift on yours
PLUS huge no on mixing lifts
better ways to do things

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Echoing what Tom has said. I am usually very frugal, always budget minded and looking for best value for my dollar, or free if I can... this is one area where you need to spend the money and do it right, do it once, and be done with it.

OME with extra bits from JBA and call it good. Really, we have two solid lift options, OME springs and new absorbers, or the coilover kit. Dont do spacer lifts, dont do Rusty's.. Rocky Road... Rough Country... etc.

Members online

No members online now.