Kj lift and tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kjlifeee

Reaction score
Alright so i just bought a jeep liberty kj and honestly have no idea about them. I have only ever owned wranglers and lift kits have nevwr been this complicated. So i purchased a rough country 3 inch suspension lift kit and a daystsr 2.5 spacer lift. My question is what will need to be extended with the 5.5 inches of lift because bwfore i start i need to know what i will need to buy before i start installing. I cant imagine everything stock will fit with that kind of lift. Another situation. I cant find the tire size i would need to fit on it with the lift,im looking at 285/75/16 but i would like to know what kind of rubbing i will have or if i should go a size smaller with 265/75/16,im also adding 3 inch wheel spacers which im hoping will help,i have the lifts and the spacers i just want to make sure my tires will fit before ordering.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well first off welcome. Unfortunately the Jeep can't handle that much lift easily. Unlike wranglers the front is IFS and has all sorts of angle issues to worry about. So really you could only use one of those kits and they are both not recommended on here. Please read the lift info section for more information.

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f203/lift-faq-read-before-asking-questions-47137/

Also mods please move this to KJ section.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright so i just bought a jeep liberty kj and honestly have no idea about them. I have only ever owned wranglers and lift kits have nevwr been this complicated. So i purchased a rough country 3 inch suspension lift kit and a daystsr 2.5 spacer lift. My question is what will need to be extended with the 5.5 inches of lift because bwfore i start i need to know what i will need to buy before i start installing. I cant imagine everything stock will fit with that kind of lift. Another situation. I cant find the tire size i would need to fit on it with the lift,im looking at 285/75/16 but i would like to know what kind of rubbing i will have or if i should go a size smaller with 265/75/16,im also adding 3 inch wheel spacers which im hoping will help,i have the lifts and the spacers i just want to make sure my tires will fit before ordering.

RETURN EVERYTHING YOU BOUGHT SO FAR
all you have are a ton of junk and heartaches, sorry to be blunt but thats what you have.
To run 5.5 inches of lift on a KJ takes way more that some junk spacers, plus to run that size tire you would need to run a jeepinbyal steel front diff with 4.88 gears
Return everything, sit down and read for a while and then start asking questions to those of us who have done several lifts and knows what is going to work
to go 5.5 inches of lift, 33s etc you are looking at 10,000 easy
4.5 inches of lift, jeepinbyal adjustable coilovers, 32s and 4.10 gears just to mention a few things ( mine on the left )
You must be registered for see images attach