Just bought a lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brybry53

Reaction score
Ok so I have a jeep liberty 2007 and I just bought a lift and I know, I know I probably shout not have gotten the day star but it's all I could afford but any way I have 2 inch wheel spacers and as of right now I rub a little bit but I some reason I think I might rub more with the lift in what do u guys think

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so I have a jeep liberty 2007 and I just bought a lift and I know, I know I probably shout not have gotten the day star but it's all I could afford but any way I have 2 inch wheel spacers and as of right now I rub a little bit but I some reason I think I might rub more with the lift in what do u guys think

return the Daystar and save the money you'll spend for a full spring lift .
Several reasons why
* springs on the KJs are very weak, by the time you have 75-80,000 miles they are sagged at least an inch ( so adding spacers does not give you that much lift)
** You are paying at least what 150-200 bucks for the Daystar which would buy at least the front or rear springs
*** you need longer rear shocks even with the Daystar so there is your shocks for the full spring lift
*** To install the daystar you'll need to compress the current springs etc which you could be installing ( again ) a full spring, lift for the same cost
**** so really in the end , the money spent buying a Daystar, longer rear shocks, installation , alignment etc , you are with in about 150-200 bucks of a full spring lift which will give you 2.5 inches over new stock height. So you'll end up at 21.5 instead of 20 with the daystar ,
And the spacers on the wheels...........:Bye:

OH and another thing if you do go with the daystar you should install the teraflex front bumpstops , it will help some parts last a bit longer due to running a spacer lift

Last edited:

brybry53

Reaction score
Then for a lift what do you recommend with not much cash

Several reasons why
* springs on the KJs are very weak, by the time you have 75-80,000 miles they are sagged at least an inch ( so adding spacers does not give you that much lift)
** You are paying at least what 150-200 bucks for the Daystar which would buy at least the front or rear springs
*** you need longer rear shocks even with the Daystar so there is your shocks for the full spring lift
*** To install the daystar you'll need to compress the current springs etc which you could be installing ( again ) a full spring, lift for the same cost
**** so really in the end , the money spent buying a Daystar, longer rear shocks, installation , alignment etc , you are with in about 150-200 bucks of a full spring lift which will give you 2.5 inches over new stock height. So you'll end up at 21.5 instead of 20 with the daystar ,

OH and another thing if you do go with the daystar you should install the teraflex front bumpstops , it will help some parts last a bit longer due to running a spacer lift

.dthrjso

BigRich

Reaction score
After reviewing a lot of threads and posts, I am strong believer in replacing the Front and Rear coils.

Is there Strut/Shock guide available for choosing the best options; example Bilstein 5100/5125, OME, Rancho, JBA, etc.

Several reasons why

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
After reviewing a lot of threads and posts, I am strong believer in replacing the Front and Rear coils.

Is there Strut/Shock guide available for choosing the best options; example Bilstein 5100/5125, OME, Rancho, JBA, etc.

So replacing them with upgraded aftermarket like OME or with stock replacement parts ?

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have this lift on mine and I would say that all of the work that I went through to put it on was too much just to add spacers. I am looking to change this out with a full suspension lift when I have the money to do so. As tommudd was saying it is the same amount of work to do it the correct way with a spring lift than to just use the spacers.

Latest posts

Members online