Clevis - Forged verses Stamped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering a 0.5"-0.75" clevis lift on my 02. I like the idea of using the newer stamped clevis instead of the spacers to gain 0.75", but concerned about the strength compared for the older forged clevis. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again for all the help and guidance you've all given me over the past couple months.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Considering a 0.5"-0.75" clevis lift on my 02. I like the idea of using the newer stamped clevis instead of the spacers to gain 0.75", but concerned about the strength compared for the older forged clevis. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again for all the help and guidance you've all given me over the past couple months.

Six of one half a dozen of the other
To me the stamped look weak as all H***
Personally not worth it , but then I'm not one of those fan boys who think its all that
Nothing at all wrong with a clevis lift, never heard of anyone having any issues over the years

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything bad about the newer ones, but there's been a few cases on here where people have snapped their forged ones in half during lift installs. That being said, maybe the stamped ones would've snapped much easier or something.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anything will snap/break if you do something to it that you're not supposed to

like stick a pry bar in the clevis and spread it till it shatters lol

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being the lazy bastard I am I'll probably keep a lookout for a cheap set of used stamped clevis and give them a try next time I'm under the Libby. Much easier than doing top plates and I'd prefer them over clevis spacers. I'll throw on a set of rear uppers as well while I'm at it. That should put me at 21.25-21.5" all the way around and I'll still be under $500 including the new Gabriel Ultra's up front.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Being the lazy bastard I am I'll probably keep a lookout for a cheap set of used stamped clevis and give them a try next time I'm under the Libby. Much easier than doing top plates and I'd prefer them over clevis spacers. I'll throw on a set of rear uppers as well while I'm at it. That should put me at 21.25-21.5" all the way around and I'll still be under $500 including the new Gabriel Ultra's up front.

Not sure what you have against the spacers. They do nothing at all, hold no weight, all they do is sit there for measurement purposes only .. Its as strong now as it will be spending money on KK clevis'
I wouldn't go bragging on the Gabriels just yet. Give them a few miles

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you have against the spacers. They do nothing at all, hold no weight, all they do is sit there for measurement purposes only .. Its as strong now as it will be spending money on KK clevis'
I wouldn't go bragging on the Gabriels just yet. Give them a few miles

Sure you're right about the spacers and would save a few dollars. They're not off the table yet. Have around 3,000 miles on the rear Gabriel Ultra's and love the ride, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Either way, now that I've been in there, broke free all the frozen bolts, etc, it will be much quicker and easier the second time around.