Best lift and tires for a 2011 Jeep Liberty KK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slayer59

Reaction score
I bought a Liberty and I need to lift it as much as possible due to me wanting to go crawling and needing the ground clearance for the winters and the snow. What's the best place to go and what's the average cost and lift heights and best tires to put on my Jeep?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JeepinByAl if you want to get it all at one place for a set price, you can also piece it all together yourself and possibly get things cheaper but much easier to get it all from one
Lift cost of course depends on how much you're really wanting, also the ride quality you're wanting will effect the price
There are thousands of tires out there so one can't say that one tire is the best because it will be different from person to person
My KJ has about 3.25" of lift and 31s which are Goodyear Wrangler Authority's and they're a great, thick tire with very deep tread and are commonly mistaken as a M/T
But of course depending on tread will effect how big you can go

Basically, figure out exactly what you want (first of all budget, then figure out actual height you want, ride quality, aggressive tire or not, etc) then you can get a better estimate

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought a Liberty and I need to lift it as much as possible due to me wanting to go crawling and needing the ground clearance for the winters and the snow. What's the best place to go and what's the average cost and lift heights and best tires to put on my Jeep?

What is your budget?
If its 500 then you're out from the get go.
But if it is higher then let me know
higher you go, more it costs , larger tires means regearing so more $$$
so how much again are you wanting to spend
www.jeepinbyal.com best place to start, OME lifts or JBA coilovers

Slayer59

Reaction score
JeepinByAl if you want to get it all at one place for a set price, you can also piece it all together yourself and possibly get things cheaper but much easier to get it all from one
Lift cost of course depends on how much you're really wanting, also the ride quality you're wanting will effect the price
There are thousands of tires out there so one can't say that one tire is the best because it will be different from person to person
My KJ has about 3.25" of lift and 31s which are Goodyear Wrangler Authority's and they're a great, thick tire with very deep tread and are commonly mistaken as a M/T
But of course depending on tread will effect how big you can go

Basically, figure out exactly what you want (first of all budget, then figure out actual height you want, ride quality, aggressive tire or not, etc) then you can get a better estimate

I'm looking at doing a 4 in lift and I have no idea where to go in MI or somewhere close to there if not I'm up for a road trip. I also want a very aggressive tire

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking at doing a 4 in lift and I have no idea where to go in MI or somewhere close to there if not I'm up for a road trip. I also want a very aggressive tire

OK 4 inch lift you'll need to go to the jeepinbyal adjustable coilover setup
BUT if only 3.25- 3.5 then there is another choice OME
Reason being is any higher with OME and you will have spring / UCA contact
so need the coilovers to avoid that .
Then I assume you'll want to move up to 265-75-16s ( 32s) after that so figure in a regear as well

Aggressive can mean several things to different people , do you want a good all around tire that looks aggressive or do you not care about ride quality, how long tires last etc

Slayer59

Reaction score
OK 4 inch lift you'll need to go to the jeepinbyal adjustable coilover setup
BUT if only 3.25- 3.5 then there is another choice OME
Reason being is any higher with OME and you will have spring / UCA contact
so need the coilovers to avoid that .
Then I assume you'll want to move up to 265-75-16s ( 32s) after that so figure in a regear as well

Aggressive can mean several things to different people , do you want a good all around tire that looks aggressive or do you not care about ride quality, how long tires last etc
I don't care how long the tires last, I'm more worried about having the traction off road and I'm going with the 4" for sure since there are so many off roading trails in MI and UT that I really want to hit up

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care how long the tires last, I'm more worried about having the traction off road and I'm going with the 4" for sure since there are so many off roading trails in MI and UT that I really want to hit up

Jba 4" lift with 32" Cooper stt pros is what I have and I'm constantly leading Wranglers and Cherokees on 35s places. Regearing and lockers are next on my list.

You're going to also want front and rear recovery points. Like a rear hitch and front tow hooks. You'll want skid plates too.
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

The JBA coilover lift for 4 inches then for sure
extended rear track bar and extended sway bar links for the rear ( JBA has them)
then gear to at the very least 4.10s but with 265-75-16s then 4.56 gears
There are great tires that last good and give you good traction off road

If you don't do the gears/ extended sway bar and longer track bar then you may as well not lift since these are limiting factors on the KKs ( well for regearing on any Liberty )

Latest posts

Members online