BDS 2" Suspension Lift Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noahschultz

Reaction score
I have been searching for lift kits to do on my KJ for some time now and I've basically been told to go with JBA or OME. As a 16 year old I really don't have the budget to spend on those brands. Has anyone heard anything about the BDS 2" Suspension Lift Kit? This one is more in my price range and was also wondering if this kit comes with everything I need or do I need anything else. My knowledge on lift kits and the KJs are not that great but I would like to learn more about it. Let me know what you guys think.

Link to lift kit: 2002-2007 Jeep Liberty 2" lift kit 442H | BDS Suspension

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my ome/bilstein lift done for about $700. It rides great and wasnt too bad installing it myself. I know there is someone on here with a bds lift they might chime in but i woukd say most on this forum run ome. If they dont run it they have heard enough about it to know its highly recommended over other lifts.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been searching for lift kits to do on my KJ for some time now and I've basically been told to go with JBA or OME. As a 16 year old I really don't have the budget to spend on those brands. Has anyone heard anything about the BDS 2" Suspension Lift Kit? This one is more in my price range and was also wondering if this kit comes with everything I need or do I need anything else. My knowledge on lift kits and the KJs are not that great but I would like to learn more about it. Let me know what you guys think.

Link to lift kit: 2002-2007 Jeep Liberty 2" lift kit 442H | BDS Suspension

Yes we know BDS, been there many times,
here is the scoop on their lift
You are basically buying 4 springs for that price
You still need front shocks and their rear shocks are cheap-junk, won't last long
SO by the time you buy the kit, then 4 good shocks , no not Rancho/ Monroe etc but OME or Bilstein you are up to OME price

With the BDS kit plus 4 shocks you'd have over 950 bucks, full OME kit is 835.

Last edited:

noahschultz

Reaction score
This helps a lot thank you so much. But I guess what my next question would be is are there any lift kits that would be worth getting that are less of a price?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
This helps a lot thank you so much. But I guess what my next question would be is are there any lift kits that would be worth getting that are less of a price?

Simple answer is no
Like mentioned you can buy the 4 OME springs from say JeepinByAl
927 front/ rear 948
BUT then you need 4 shocks, fronts are the same no difference from stock so buy stock Bilstiens for it, then the rear you can get shocks for a 99-04 Dodge Dakota 4x4 which works, can source them from Bilstein - KYB - Rancho - Monroe - KONI Shocks and Struts - Shockwarehouse.com You'll also need a kit from JBA that has bushing to better fit the rear shocks to the KJ
Thats about as cheap as you can go and have a great ride and handling, cheaper out there BUT you'd hate it in 6 months
many of us have been on the forums for 10-12-14 years and have seen many try other setups and fail

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is what it is man plenty of people try running a daystar and hate it do it right do it once.

Latest posts

Members online