JBA 4in lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

giacomo.m

Reaction score
Hi all,

anybody got a JBA 4in lift kit ? I would want to fit to my CRD 2004,but to part the problem of the " cut " 3/8" CV's, I will have of the driveline vibration and stability problems?

Thank you

Giacomo

giacomo.m

Reaction score
Hi all,
108 readings and no comments.
much strange nobody has mounted this kit.
or it is perfect and it does not have problems ?

Giacomo

giacomo.m

Reaction score
You will have issues with having a CRD,CRD's can not be lifted as high as the gas KJ's due to the CV's.

Hi tjkj2002
thank you for answer.
I know the problem of the CV' s, that I can resolve cutting of 3/8 " the CV' s. but for the eventual vibrations due to the lift kit?

Giacomo

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi tjkj2002
thank you for answer.
I know the problem of the CV' s, that I can resolve cutting of 3/8 " the CV' s. but for the eventual vibrations due to the lift kit?

Giacomo
Cutting 3/8's off the inner CV cup will not solve the CV issue with going that high with a CRD.The CRD pushes the front diff over more towards the left side compared to a gas KJ due to the larger oil pan the CRD uses.That makes the left CV shaft really short and can hit the clevis and cut the boot.One guy had major problems with the RK3.5 lift and his CRD,went through many CV boots.Oh and cutting off 3/8" off the CV cup can cause many more problems that I have already had to fix on one KJ.

giacomo.m

Reaction score
Cutting 3/8's off the inner CV cup will not solve the CV issue with going that high with a CRD.The CRD pushes the front diff over more towards the left side compared to a gas KJ due to the larger oil pan the CRD uses.That makes the left CV shaft really short and can hit the clevis and cut the boot.One guy had major problems with the RK3.5 lift and his CRD,went through many CV boots.Oh and cutting off 3/8" off the CV cup can cause many more problems that I have already had to fix on one KJ.

Hi tjkj2002
therefore from how much you say is better not to make a 4" lift kit for the CRD. not acquiring the J.E. Reel?

thank you.

Giacomo

Latest posts

Members online