A/c help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dftg039

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I had some A/C work done a few months back and it would cool 40 degrees lower then outside temp but now it is only cooling 20 degrees cooler. I was thinking that i have not changed the serpentine belt and i have 66,000 miles on the jeep if that would affect the A/C. any help would be great thanks

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The belt shouldn't affect the AC unless the belt is broken, in which case you'll have WAYYY bigger problems. You probably just need to leak check and recharge your AC.

Mopars-Only

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it cool good while sitting idling and during deceleration? If it is not cooling well while under mid to full throttle but cools good otherwise, you coulc have a bad clutch fan. When the turbo is in a boost situation the heat from the heat exchanger makes cooling the A/C condenser difficult. The mechanical fan makes all the difference, since it pulls a relatively much higher volume of air than does the electric fan out front.
But if it is somewhat anemic all the time, well you likely do have a freon leak, which is self explanatory I guess.
Mopars-Only