2.5 crd compression

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kojot

Reaction score
Any body know what should be a compression in cilinders in Jeep Liberty 2002y 2.5 crd?
A have checked it by the glow plug sockets and it was like:
1: 23 bar (333 psi)
2: 25 bar (362 psi)
3: 23 bar (333 psi)
4: 23 bar (333 psi)
Any body knows how the correct one shoul looks like?
I spoke with guys in Chrysler factory in Ohio and they did't help at all :/
I heard that it should be at least 21 bar (300 psi) on each but i also heard from diferent mechanic that it should't be less then 32 bar (460 psi) in each cilinder. So i am a bit confused :/

Last edited:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any body know what should be a compression in cilinders in Jeep Liberty 2002y 2.5 crd?
A have checked it by the glow plug sockets and it was like:
1: 23 bar (333 psi)
2: 25 bar (362 psi)
3: 23 bar (333 psi)
4: 23 bar (333 psi)
Any body knows how the correct one shoul looks like?
I spoke with guys in Chrysler factory in Ohio and they did't help at all :/
I heard that it should be at least 21 bar (300 psi) on each but i also heard from diferent mechanic that it should't be less then 32 bar (460 psi) in each cilinder. So i am a bit confused :/

Yeah the Lost site is good but they do not really know the Export 2.5L CRDs such as this one.

Download the section"2.5_2.8 export diesel" here....covers the 2002 2.5L engine in pretty good detail. While you are there you can also download the "2002 KJ Service Manual" which covers everything else other than the 2.5L engine but does have the wiring diagrams for the 2.5L engine.

Download here: Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

A good site is the Australian site www.ausjeepoffroad.com which has a lot of 2.5/2.8 Export CRD owners in the KJ section.

kojot

Reaction score
Thx. I have got all of that manuals, unfortunately there is no info about compression in crd's. In manuals for petrol one, you can find it easly but not for crd's :/ that is way i try to find it out from some one who maybe know it or is sure that his 2.5 crd's engine is in perfect condition and can check or already checked compression and can write it in here. I already asked that question in UK forum, few polish forums, german forum and even russian one and sill nothink :/ that is the biggest mistery of the world - compression in jeep kj 2.5 crd :p

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx. I have got all of that manuals, unfortunately there is no info about compression in crd's. In manuals for petrol one, you can find it easly but not for crd's :/ that is way i try to find it out from some one who maybe know it or is sure that his 2.5 crd's engine is in perfect condition and can check or already checked compression and can write it in here. I already asked that question in UK forum, few polish forums, german forum and even russian one and sill nothink :/ that is the biggest mistery of the world - compression in jeep kj 2.5 crd :p

OK have you tried asking your question at the Australian site: www.ausjeepoffroad.com

Otherwise try the engine manufacturer in Italy.....I think it VM Motori?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online