Warning lights... coincidence or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markleigh

Reaction score
So... slowed down for traffic lights. Roads were dry but I felt the ABS 'shudder'. Car stopped OK. Drove off and after a few seconds these lights came on together:
ABS
ESP/BAS
ESP/TCS

There must be a connection between all these...
Have driven the car since. Lights came on then all went out for about two seconds - then all came on again.
Thanks from a confused/anxious 2007 Cherokee owner in the UK.

(have also posted this in the CRD forum)

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can say nothing without reading the DTC's, like gyro said... at this point, all we know is that there is indeed a fault.

Best guess from most commonly failed parts, wheel speed sensor.

Junkyman

Reaction score
I have been having the same issue with an '06 Liberty CRD. The same dash indicator lights (ESP, ESP BAS, erc...) lights have been coming on once every few months for years, but just in the last week my ABS started kicking in occasionally for no reason when coming to a stop, and occasionally when starting from a complete stop, the ESP/Traction control will fully engage and I have to pull over until it disengages, as I can't get above a few miles per hour.

I just pulled the DTC's, and all that popped up was a P0513, "Incorrect immobilizer key", which when reading the description doesn't make much sense in this scenario, unless I am missing something.

Thanks for the wheel speed sensor suggestion - gives me a good start point for my scenario.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Might want to look closely at the wiring behind the fuel filter head. Pinching can happen there as filters, and filter heads, get changed. Also check the harness that crosses over the engine over by the passenger side hood hinge. Strain breaks can happen there during engine work.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably one or more of the wheel sensors but ESP problems can also be caused by a failing Clock Spring!

Work on the wheel sensors and their associated wiring first before worrying about the Clock Spring.

And check out the areas mentioned above where the harness can get damaged.

Latest posts