Rear liftgate not locking...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepLibertyKK

Reaction score
Just discovered that the rear lift gate on my 2012 Jeep Liberty KK is no longer locking with the key remote or the interior door lock switches. When I try to lock or unlock, I can hear all the door locks are working but not at the rear lift gate. I checked the fuse which MIGHT be the correct one, number 38 under the hood. All looks good there and so far have not come up with any other non-working electrical items, such as the rear wiper.

Is this the correct fuse for the rear lift gate and are there any others I should be checking? If an electrical part has failed, what might it be and were is it located?

Thank you for any help offered in solving this issue, as since there is no key-lock for the rear lift gate, my Liberty has open access to all that might try the lift gate handle.

EDIT: After further review, there is power to the lift gate by way of the rear wiper, rear window release and lift gate actuator. I've ordered a new Mopar lift gate actuator and will post the results.

Last edited:

JeepLibertyKK

Reaction score
Got the Jeep Liberty Lift Gate Actuator, Mopar #0458 9131 AG -001, today. Install was pretty simple and there are only three torx bolts holding the actuator in place. All now works as it should. Hope this information is helpful to others.

Last edited: