No Start, battery fine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsmmrm

Reaction score
My '08 libby won't crank at all. The problem started as intermittent but has become permanent. It appears the transmission neutral/park switch will not tell the ignition that the vehicle is not in gear.

Initially when it happened a couple times wiggling the shift lever fixed it. Now nothing helps. I had it towed home the other day it then started right up - once.

I have tried the bypass function which does let me shift out of park, (I can already do that) but does not help the no start issue. An interesting twist is that when I turn the switch to the run position and step on the brake I can shift it normally but when I turn it to start it it relocks the transmission.

Any ideas?

libordemise

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recent work done to it? Electrical disconnects or something?

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

dsmmrm

Reaction score
Any recent work done to it? Electrical disconnects or something?

Nothing at all. It's got 245,000 miles or so at this point. It acts like what used to be a neutral safety switch, although I suspect the modern version of that device lurks in the software someplace.

libordemise

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know less than nothing about the kks, sorry I can't help:(

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 02 and after i swapped my trans one of the plugs wasnt fully engaged caused the jeep not to start. Try jumping the relay. Try jumping the started directly by putting 12v to it. This could be alot of things. By getting it to start by jumping it kind of rules out faulty grounds.