KK only - Door speakers + In dash CB + Single DIN Head Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vangilder

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

First time Jeep owner, and first post. Just got a 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4. I would like to put an aftermarket head unit (something with USB, AUX, and Bluetooth), an in dash CB, and speakers in all 4 doors.

I had already purchased most of these items and was going to install them in the other vehicle when the weather warms up here in Michigan, but sold the vehicle and now own a Liberty KK instead.

I have a single din Kenwood x301 in the box, Polk DB651 (2-way) in the box, a full size Uniden CB in the box (plus an old Realistic CB), JBL Basspro12 powered sub in the box, and a 4 channel class d (compact) amp in the box, firestick 3' (all past returnable date).

So, just missing the second pair of speakers, which I am looking at the Polk DB6501 component speakers, since matched speakers is always best.

I have spent several hours looking at sites, forums, reviews, blogs, youtube videos, and none of which really gives specific answers, especially for the KK (lots of stuff on the KJ).

Looking at Crutchfields, almost all of the 2-way or 3-way speakers are listed that they do NOT fit the KK (alpine S series, my polk db651, kenwood 3-way performance series, etc, etc). Since online info is not always accurate, does anybody have any experience (success or failure) with installing 2 or 3 way 6.5 / 6.75 speakers in the doors? I am guessing that they are listed as not fitting is because the 2-way tweeter part of the speakers stick out a bit too far and would hit against the inside of the plastic door panel, but that is just a guess... need some real experience replies before I purchase anything else or tear everything apart.

So in addition to the door speakers, has anybody tried to install a regular size CB with a single din radio in place of the factory radio? I have seen 1 photo (and only 1 photo) of a specific Cobra (Cobra 18WXSTII) that is slightly smaller than a regular CB that fits with basically all single din aftermarket HUs, but I already own 2 cb radios, plus the Cobra 18WXSTII has mixed reviews.

I have installed aftermarket HU in my two previous previous vehicles, and it came out very nice, and even did some major custom work to put in 6x9 in a 1st gen Geo Tracker, that came out 100% professional looking, so I am not afraid to do some trimming to the plastic panel over the radio, but I really would like to hear feedback (successes or failures) on a standard CB in dash with a single din. Is there enough space behind it to accommodate the length? Can it actually fit height? I am expecting to trim the plastic panel because the opening measures 8" x 3.75" (which is 95.25mm), and an actual iso 7736 double din is 100.3mm.

Latest posts

Members online