KK 2WD rear driveshaft vs 4WD rear driveshaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaytango

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are the same length or different? Maybe I can get a volunteer to go out with a tape measure and get a quick reading from flange to flange on the 4WD so I can compare to my 2WD. I checked on the mopar site and there were 4 different shafts. 3 said 4WD, one says 2WD. If they are not the same, does anyone know if they are interchangeable? Thank you.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Go to salvage yard, find same year as yours and measure
But of course common sense says 4x4 would or should be shorter since you have a transfer case hanging off the rear of the transmission.

jaytango

Reaction score
Go to salvage yard, find same year as yours and measure
But of course common sense says 4x4 would or should be shorter since you have a transfer case hanging off the rear of the transmission.

I was thinking about that but the 2WD has a longer extension housing on the transmission, whereas the 4WD has a short housing (and inner intermediate shaft). I was wondering if(short_housing.length + transfer_case.length = long_housing.length).

Latest posts

Members online