Issues with my '08 Jeep Liberty LTD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoomly

Reaction score
Hello!

I bought my '08 Jeep Liberty LTD back in 2011.

I never messed with or had anybody else mess with my parking brake until earlier this year. It was removed, and it was discovered that it was badly rusted. It was cobbled back together until I could get the chance to have it replaced properly.

After it was cobbled back together, it started intermittently rubbing against the backing plate - making periodic scraping sounds.

I went to an auto repair place, where their temporary solution (since I still wasn't ready to have the whole parking brake assembly replaced) was to bang back the backing plate so it wouldn't be rubbing.

Somehow, this temporary solution ended up doing a few things, I think.

The following lights have come on my dash and now are permanently lit: Traction Control (the Jeep w/ squiggly lines underneath), "ABS", "ESP BAS", and "SERV 4WD".

And, as I discovered during the last few big snow storms, when I tried to toggle to 4WD instead of my usual 2WD, it didn't work. (I'm thinking my 4WD capabilities were disengaged?)

Obviously I need to get the parking brake assembly replaced.

But even after getting that done ... should that help clear up the rest of the resulting issues?

Any thoughts, suggestions, recommendations?

Please and thank you!

-Zoomly

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm guessing a speed sensor/ABS sensor got messed up when they did the work.

Zoomly

Reaction score
HoosierJeeper -

Just so I have an idea ...

Worst case scenario ...
If it was a speed or ABS sensor ...
Roughly how much to replace?

Thanks!

-Zoomly

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not very expensive...probably around $100 for parts and labor if I had to guess.

Latest posts

Members online