Interior Door Handle 'Spring' Question with images

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepLibertyKK

Reaction score
I had a problem with the drivers' door interior handle, where it seemed really loose and like something was breaking. Easy to access and it turned out there was a pin that had worked its way up, to the point that the handle was flopping around in its mount. I noticed a spring that had no tention on it, so I thought maybe it had broken. Opened up the passenger side and saw how the spring was mounted; with the drivers' side pin back in place, I was able to re-install the spring properly. Or did I? When I looked at images online, I found some had the spring mounted like mine, and others had it mounted lower. (See images)

Any idea what might be the proper spring installation for the 2012 Liberty Sport?

Thank you

Attachments

• Jeep Liberty Interior Door Handle - 01.jpg
    Jeep Liberty Interior Door Handle - 01.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Jeep Liberty Interior Door Handle - 04.jpg
    Jeep Liberty Interior Door Handle - 04.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Jeep Liberty Interior Door Handle (Spring) Image.jpg
    Jeep Liberty Interior Door Handle (Spring) Image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I think the knurls on the pin are what holds the pin in place since they're a slightly larger diameter than the rest of the pin.

The spring can only go in four different ways so experiment until you find the one that works. Should be a mirror image of the passenger side.

When you find the proper spring orientation press the pin all the way in and put a bit of glue on it if the knurl doesn't hold the pin in place.

That's my guess!

Latest posts

Members online