Heat issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phirefighter

Reaction score
I’m new here but I’ve been searching and haven’t found anyone with the exact same issues. I bought my 2011 Jeep Liberty about 2 years ago. When I got it I was having issues with the ac coming out of only the defroster. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the blendor actuator. Got it back and took it back again for the same issues. They sent it to an actual Chrysler dealer and they replaced some gears individually in the actuator and then had it programmed. Or so they said. To this day with the ac running it will be blowing cold no problem and then the vents will cut out. The blower still runs the same speed just stops coming out anywhere I can feel inside. Whatever happens it then blows hot air. After shutting it down for a little i turn it back on and it blows cold but with ice and a mist out of the dash until it cuts out again. Now with the heat. It’s consistent of working this following way. The vents seem to switch no problem, and the temp control moves no problem. However I have after running a while 65 degrees out of the drivers side vent, 80 degrees out the drivers side center, 115 degrees from the passenger side center, and about 140 degrees from the far passenger side vent. I do not have dual climate control. Engine temp is normal. Lines going in and out of the heater core are equal temp by touching them. Coolant is full. I would rather not take it to the dealer and have them check it for $150 and who knows what else on top of that. Any help???? And a side problem what fuse controls the steering wheel radio controls? They just stopped working out of nowhere but the cruise control buttons still work!