Foggy windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anytimedude00

Reaction score
So far this winter whenever I turn on the heat, no matter what setting or where the flow is directed All the windows fog like hell. I turn on A/C, nothing happens, open a window, nothing happens. I called my mechanic who said maybe a leak in coolant. Sure enough, tank was dry. Is this a heater core issue? Really hope it isn't. I've cleaned the windows, put on rainX anti fog stuff, nothing is working. Any ideas?

Anytimedude00

Reaction score
Nope. Do not smell antifreeze. There is no coolant anywhere on the passenger side. There is no coolant anywhere it shouldn't be. There is where it should be now.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Do not smell antifreeze. There is no coolant anywhere on the passenger side. There is no coolant anywhere it shouldn't be. There is where it should be now.

Better question is where did all the coolant go that was supposed to be in your tank.

Anytimedude00

Reaction score
Better question is where did all the coolant go that was supposed to be in your tank.

Pretty sure they gotta be related. To be honest I never checked the level. I always brought it in and it was supposed to be checked and filled during the oil change. But who knows if that was ever done. I never noticed a leak. No antifreeze anywhere near where I park.

Anytimedude00

Reaction score
From what I've read, the most common cause of every window fogging up is the heater core. There goes about a grand.

EagleOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've read, the most common cause of every window fogging up is the heater core. There goes about a grand.

I sure hope he finds something else that is causing this issue as that is an expensive repair!