Driving lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nightwing2007

Reaction score
Looking to put some driving lights on my 2008 liberty
where would the best place be to mount them and what what
brand is good there more for highway driving some off road

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can mount them pretty much anywhere you want...it's easier to give you options if you narrow down where you want them... in front of the grille on the bumper is common, as well as installing light bar brackets above the windshield... do you have a roof rack you can mount to as well?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can mount them pretty much anywhere you want...it's easier to give you options if you narrow down where you want them... in front of the grille on the bumper is common, as well as installing light bar brackets above the windshield... do you have a roof rack you can mount to as well?

But if he is wanting " driving lights" then who would want them on the roof rack/ above windshield etc
Well unless you want to be a mall cruiser :icon_razz::icon_razz::happy175:

But to the OP , best place is down lower on the bumper, Hella makes some great driving lights or look into some fog lights

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But if he is wanting " driving lights" then who would want them on the roof rack/ above windshield etc
Well unless you want to be a mall cruiser :icon_razz::icon_razz::happy175:

But to the OP , best place is down lower on the bumper, Hella makes some great driving lights or look into some fog lights

Oh I agree... I wasn't going to shoot down his plan on where to install them until I knew where he wanted to put them. :p

Putting bright lights up high on a rack or light bar will be a good spot for close flood, if you're driving the trails on your thousand acre property looking for hogs or something.. great.. not so great to put light far down the road to see at night.

Agree on the Hella's, Tom. In fact, I have a set of 500ff's that are delivering tomorrow. To be installed on the front bumper in the 05-06 Renegade position. I'm excited about those. I think for the $60 it'll be a good return on lighting investment.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh I agree... I wasn't going to shoot down his plan on where to install them until I knew where he wanted to put them. :p

Putting bright lights up high on a rack or light bar will be a good spot for close flood, if you're driving the trails on your thousand acre property looking for hogs or something.. great.. not so great to put light far down the road to see at night.

Agree on the Hella's, Tom. In fact, I have a set of 500ff's that are delivering tomorrow. To be installed on the front bumper in the 05-06 Renegade position. I'm excited about those. I think for the $60 it'll be a good return on lighting investment.

I've been running Hella 700 FFs for years now, used the 500s before as well with good results .

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running Hella 700 FFs for years now, used the 500s before as well with good results .

I wasn't sure I could fit the 700's on the bumper where they need to go...if I had an ARB or Matrix, they'd have been the obvious choice.

I'm expecting great things out of the 500ff's, even without changing to 100w bulbs.

Latest posts

Members online