Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > Jeep Liberty - KK (08-Present) > KK General Discussion

Register to remove these ads.

KK General Discussion

Driving lights

This is a discussion on Driving lights within the KK General Discussion forums, part of the Jeep Liberty - KK (08-Present) category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! Looking to put some driving lights on my 2008 liberty where would the ...

General discussion forum for KK Liberty's

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JasonJ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2017, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Driving lights

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Looking to put some driving lights on my 2008 liberty
where would the best place be to mount them and what what
brand is good there more for highway driving some off road
nightwing2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

You can mount them pretty much anywhere you want...it's easier to give you options if you narrow down where you want them... in front of the grille on the bumper is common, as well as installing light bar brackets above the windshield... do you have a roof rack you can mount to as well?
JasonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
You can mount them pretty much anywhere you want...it's easier to give you options if you narrow down where you want them... in front of the grille on the bumper is common, as well as installing light bar brackets above the windshield... do you have a roof rack you can mount to as well?
But if he is wanting " driving lights" then who would want them on the roof rack/ above windshield etc
Well unless you want to be a mall cruiser

But to the OP , best place is down lower on the bumper, Hella makes some great driving lights or look into some fog lights
04 Kilimanjaro Edition
4.5 INCH JBA LIFT/ 32s/4.10s/ etc
03 OVERLAND EDITION, Timberline Green Pearlcoat, JBA 2.5 inch Total Control Lift, Kilby gas tank skid, Skid Row, 4XGuard mixture, MOABs, 265-70-16s, 4.10s, Mudds bumper
05 Limited/stock for now
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
But if he is wanting " driving lights" then who would want them on the roof rack/ above windshield etc
Well unless you want to be a mall cruiser

But to the OP , best place is down lower on the bumper, Hella makes some great driving lights or look into some fog lights
Oh I agree... I wasn't going to shoot down his plan on where to install them until I knew where he wanted to put them. :-P

Putting bright lights up high on a rack or light bar will be a good spot for close flood, if you're driving the trails on your thousand acre property looking for hogs or something.. great.. not so great to put light far down the road to see at night.

Agree on the Hella's, Tom. In fact, I have a set of 500ff's that are delivering tomorrow. To be installed on the front bumper in the 05-06 Renegade position. I'm excited about those. I think for the $60 it'll be a good return on lighting investment.
tommudd likes this.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
Oh I agree... I wasn't going to shoot down his plan on where to install them until I knew where he wanted to put them. :-P

Putting bright lights up high on a rack or light bar will be a good spot for close flood, if you're driving the trails on your thousand acre property looking for hogs or something.. great.. not so great to put light far down the road to see at night.

Agree on the Hella's, Tom. In fact, I have a set of 500ff's that are delivering tomorrow. To be installed on the front bumper in the 05-06 Renegade position. I'm excited about those. I think for the $60 it'll be a good return on lighting investment.
I've been running Hella 700 FFs for years now, used the 500s before as well with good results .
04 Kilimanjaro Edition
4.5 INCH JBA LIFT/ 32s/4.10s/ etc
03 OVERLAND EDITION, Timberline Green Pearlcoat, JBA 2.5 inch Total Control Lift, Kilby gas tank skid, Skid Row, 4XGuard mixture, MOABs, 265-70-16s, 4.10s, Mudds bumper
05 Limited/stock for now
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
I've been running Hella 700 FFs for years now, used the 500s before as well with good results .
I wasn't sure I could fit the 700's on the bumper where they need to go...if I had an ARB or Matrix, they'd have been the obvious choice.

I'm expecting great things out of the 500ff's, even without changing to 100w bulbs.