clevis lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maantoline

Reaction score
all i want to do is level my 2010 jeep liberty. if the info i've found is right then the factory ride height is 18" in the front 19" in the rear. so i was just gonna put a 1/2" clevis spacer upfront to get the inch of lift i need to level. looking for anyone's opinion on this. good or bad idea. other options there might be or pics if anybody else has done this. also looking to put on 245/70-16 or 235/75-16 tires. let me know what you think. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
all i want to do is level my 2010 jeep liberty. if the info i've found is right then the factory ride height is 18" in the front 19" in the rear. so i was just gonna put a 1/2" clevis spacer upfront to get the inch of lift i need to level. looking for anyone's opinion on this. good or bad idea. other options there might be or pics if anybody else has done this. also looking to put on 245/70-16 or 235/75-16 tires. let me know what you think. thanks

Jack it up in front, loosen the bolt on the clevis ( that holds the shock ) lower it down 1/2 inch ( although I never like to go that much ) retighten the bolt and get an alignment

maantoline

Reaction score
wasn't sure about the 1/2" either. everything i've read says 3/8" is the max for a 3/4" lift. jba sales a 1/2" clevis spacer. i emailed them and their response was the 1/2" will work but not to go any thicker

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
wasn't sure about the 1/2" either. everything i've read says 3/8" is the max for a 3/4" lift. jba sales a 1/2" clevis spacer. i emailed them and their response was the 1/2" will work but not to go any thicker

1/2 inch is pushing it , depending on what shock you are using
some you can cheat a bit but I still like the 3/8 inch
I know they sell the 1/2 inch and even had a hand in the 1/2 inch but that was for a different set of circumstances

maantoline

Reaction score
putting in monroe quick struts and new shocks in rear. jeep has 70k on original suspension. i would have to measure it but with the 1/2" spacers on the strut it seems like there is still quite a bit of the strut there to slide into the clevis. how long would you consider to be an acceptable amount the strut to put into the clevis?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
putting in monroe quick struts and new shocks in rear. jeep has 70k on original suspension. i would have to measure it but with the 1/2" spacers on the strut it seems like there is still quite a bit of the strut there to slide into the clevis. how long would you consider to be an acceptable amount the strut to put into the clevis?

Those will take a 3/8 inch for sure
but install them with the bottom of the shock at the bottom of the clevis and see where that gets you, can move up maybe an 1/8 inch more

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a set of pictures or a video link that shows how to do a clevis lift?
Thanks

There are lots of pictures all over the forum and the internet of what the clevis bracket looks like.... have you taken a peak at yours yet?

If you poke your head under the front wheel well, you'll see the split, two-sided bracket that attaches the bottom of the shock/strut to the lower control arm. That's the clevis.

What you do is loosen the pinch bolt, and slide the whole strut/spring assembly UP so that it lifts the vehicle once you tighten everything and lower her back to the ground.

Here's what it looks like, a forum member, Idealrides posted this back in '05 or so. Google images results for "Jeep Liberty clevis lift" pulls up lots of hits.

You must be registered for see images