Check Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having issues understanding your question. Is it on? Do you have a code number? These things would help.

GhstRider

Reaction score
I had the light checked out at Autozone for free and the code is P0456 (Evap leak). I think I have a defective fuel cap. When I check the fuel cap, I could unscrew it with less than a quarter turn. Like an idiot I forgot to have them clear the code for me.

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the light checked out at Autozone for free and the code is P0456 (Evap leak). I think I have a defective fuel cap. When I check the fuel cap, I could unscrew it with less than a quarter turn. Like an idiot I forgot to have them clear the code for me.

lock it in place, it might have just been loose. If thats the case, the light will turn off within 50miles.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Depends on if you bought the warranty or it came with the vehicle.

Either way he still has to pay the diag fee 1st.

That depends too, as some dealers will not require you to pay the diagnosis fee if it is certainly a warranted item/issue. In the case of this issue however, that is NOT covered under Lifetime Powertrain, and yeah you'd likely have to pay a diagnosis fee unless you have a really cool dealership such as mine that isn't out to strangle you out of every dollar.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diagnostic test for $100 is a crock of shit!
That is cheap insurance.

Have you ever done a actual diag? It takes time and some high priced tools which justifies the cost.

In the case of that code P0456 it requires a high $$$ scanner($4000+ with correct programming) and a smoke machine that costs $1200+ to actually find the leak.

Latest posts

Members online