Android Car Stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it. Installed a double din in my 2002. Google maps nav is the best, it reads texts and allows me to reply by voice, I stream slacker radio with it, press the mike to search a location, call a contact or send a text.

Been looking at the new Jeep Cherokee Trailhawks, but going to wait for the 2019's just for the new frontend, turbo4 and Andriod Auto, No need to spend $1,000+ for onboard nav any longer.

Aztimer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it. Installed a double din in my 2002. Google maps nav is the best, it reads texts and allows me to reply by voice, I stream slacker radio with it, press the mike to search a location, call a contact or send a text.

Been looking at the new Jeep Cherokee Trailhawks, but going to wait for the 2019's just for the new frontend, turbo4 and Andriod Auto, No need to spend $1,000+ for onboard nav any longer.

What’s it look like installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get pretty much the same unit for couple hundred more with onboard nav, but I prefer the Google maps on Android Auto.

Nice thing is that you can just push the microphone symbol to say an address, find a store or restaurant, etc and then navigate to it. Same goes for making a call or sending or responding to a text.

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go on crutchfield and pick out the stereo you want. I'd highly recommend the Kenwood. It will show you all the parts you will need to do the install. Then you can order the parts anywhere you find them the cheapest(crutchfield, amazon, ebay). That's what I did. Hardest part by far was programming the interface for the steering wheel controls.