Abs control module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cwe909

Reaction score
Need help 2012 Jeep liberty ABS control module bad one jeep dealer says by new and has to be programmed another jeep dealer says no it does not have to be programmed but neither dealerships could confirm. I have a bad module there are modules for sale refurbished used and new but do not know which to buy I just know my ABS my traction control and my four-wheel-drive won’t work until this module is replaced. Any help would be greatly appreciated

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Online comments regarding the 2012 Jeep liberty seem to support the idea that the ABS module will in fact have to be programmed.
Since this really is not a DIY install anyways, it is best that the dealer install the module.
I know the new module is fairly expensive.
If you could find a refurbished unit with a solid warranty, then I would also consider that route as well.

Cwe909

Reaction score
Abs

Ty a 4th jeep dealership said new or refurb would work but unable to solve program issue. Shows how many local jeep dealers don’t know what’s going on with their own products

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Unable to solve program issue?? What's up with that?
I would want more information from them for sure, why are they unable to solve program issue?? What is the real problem here? Do they have a star scan/experienced tech?
The star scan, (scan & program tool) should be able to diagnose the codes, what they are, and upload corrective programming to make things work correctly.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Also if I was in this situation & felt that service was unable to make repairs properly..
I would contact Jeep customer service 1-800-521-2779 and see if they can help you.

Cwe909

Reaction score
Good news

I bought a used computer ABS for $90 from jeep parts on the eBay hey send it to me with 60 days to send it back if I have any problems with it we received it in two days my mechanic took it took the over off put the used one on I had a few throwing codes issues they found a little bad sectional and one wire I fix that mama can’t hooked up his computer pulled the Vin number from the main control module pulled it into the The used ABS module and it loaded everything in all the parts and service and all that junk and everything is back to normal so no you do not have to buy a $500 part $150 programming and $100 installation when your ABS module goes bad key is to make sure both your unit and the unit you’re trying to purchase had the exact same part number and with the right mechanic that has the new software unit programmer computer is bigger than a laptop

Latest posts

Members online