3.7 V.6 Water Pump Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The water pump leaks intermittently on my son's 08 Liberty. It doesn't leak when the engine is hot; it leaks following cool-down.

The procedure I found on youtube shows first removing the thermostat, which is in a small housing on the engine side of the hose from the passenger side of radiator at the bottom. It is not clear to me why this has to be removed prior to removing water pump. Has anyone experience with this water pump removal/replacement procedure?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thermostat isn't in the way at all. Do what you did to get access to the alternator. Remove the mechanical fan if you have one, then just under the WP bolts. HOAT coolant only! (Zerex G05).

Your KK should have an open cooling system, (reservoir has a plastic cap on it, not pressurized), so no bleeding needed. At least I haven't on my XJ with the same system. Fill it up, run it till its up to temp, check it and top off. Watch it for a few days.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Get a MOPAR thermostat and just replace it and the hoses all at the same time as your water pump.

Members online

No members online now.