2010 liberty heat not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kgoodloe

Reaction score
My AC blows cold but when I turn over to heat, the air gets barely warm at best. I removed the actuator, under steering wheel on drivers side, on the blend door to check if it works. The actuator does turn when the temp dial is changed. I noticed that the last setting for both the coldest and hottest positions cause the actuator to spin 360 degrees while each other temp position only causes it to spin a very small amount. I also noticed that what I think is the blend door only rotates about 90 degrees and won't spin near as much as the actuator is spinning. Is either the actuator bad or maybe the blend door stuck? I am not even sure if I am looking in the right location.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I haven't had the actuator/blend door experience yet so I can't help there. Thermostat fail open maybe?

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
They can fail "closed" and overheat; or fail "open" and never get very warm.

Kgoodloe

Reaction score
I have replaced the blend door actuator, coolant level is good, and hoses to and from heater core are hot when vehicle is running and try to run heat. When changing the temperature dial from cold, the AC works, to hot it only blows warm air at best but nowhere near hot. I also noticed that the blend door only rotates from about the 9 o'clock position to about 1" o'clock, so just over 90 degrees. The actuator however spins from about the 9 o'clock position all the way to the 7 o'clock position. The blend door seems to only spin as much as the gear and stopped allows. Not sure why the actuator would spin 3x what the door spins. Any ideas would be helpful.

Also I am getting some heat on the passenger side vent. The middle vents are considerably cooler than the passenger side and the driver side is almost cold air.

Any suggestions?

Berserker

Reaction score
Flush the heater core. My GFs heat was better on the passenger side, warm on driver. Both core hoses were hot. The core is clogged on the driver side. Shit comes in on the passenger side, settles on the drivers side. Google "Chrysler casting sand" to find out why the cores are clogging on these vehicles.

kalpers

Reaction score
Just had the same issue on my 2009 Jeep Liberty. Had to get the heater core flushed out. I was only getting a little heat on the passenger side and no heat on the drivers side. It took several minutes to flush the heater core since it was extremely clogged.

Kritten

Reaction score
Did flushing the heater core work? My core is getting hot and "working" but I am only getting like warm to cold air/heat on the driver's side and hot on the passenger side. Trying to narrow it down before I take mine to the shop .

Latest posts

Members online