2008 KK - Cabin Air Filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

Reaction score
I searched, I really did, before posting this. All the results involved KJ series vehicles, that I saw. Does the KK series have a cabin air filter?

Rock Auto lists several replacements.

The owner's manual mentions it, but says nothing about replacing one.

I just inherited my '08 and drove it 1,650 miles from IL to AZ, where the odometer rolled onto a whopping 50,000 miles. Nice vehicle!

Thanks in advance.

John B.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

Reaction score
In the meantime, since I posted the question, I flipped down the glovebox lid, which is simply done by unhooking the retaining latches on both sides of the open glovebox door and lowering said door. I took a look at the blower housing...and there's no fitting for the filter housing. I watched a YouTube video on changing out a KK series filter, so I know what I was looking for (and in the video, the 'mechanic' put his filter sections in upside down), but my '08 doesn't have it. Bummer, since I already ordered a filter from Rock Auto.

I'll look again, but it appears the answer to my original question is "Maybe."

John B.

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t give up yet! It was a long time ago, but someone posted about ADDING the filter to their KK because theirs didn’t come with it either. Do some searching online because it’s definitely been done before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed mine in my 2010 KK Libby and it was behind the glove box and yes it was in 2 parts..

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '10 had one! Changed it a few times! So when the heck was it added? Hmm...

Probably added in ‘09?

I had the dash apart on my ‘08 this past weekend to fix the mode door and I definitely don’t have a filter back there behind the glovebox. It looks like one COULD be there and Jeep just decided to not do it yet in ‘08.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online