08 Liberty Rattle Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Incrdblehulk04

Reaction score
The noise is like a rock or nut in a hollow tube.
*it will do it on and incline. Park, neutral, drive, reverse.
*Gets louder when accelerating. (Once the vehicle is to speed and your are maintains speed it will not do it.)

Doesn’t appear to be anything with heat shields. They are all secure and I have pushed on all the ones I can find and it wouldn’t stop.
I replaced fluid in the front differential. (Recommendation from a friend)
The noise is extremely hard to isolate so I took a video to see if it would help narrow my options. It seems louder on the drivers side??

Please tell me someone has had this. I have spent tons of time under the Jeep trying to isolate this to no avail.

Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArD_HFLv3yGtg7pUwulQoRM4EOXdMg

hersheleller40

Reaction score
I had a rattle in my dodge truck for a couple of years. One day it quit but so did my truck. It wound up being my catylatic converter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incrdblehulk04

Reaction score
That *****! I am 99% sure it is not the cats. The sound appears too far forward. Diagnosing it has been difficult because it only does it while moving or at enough of an incline that I don’t have the guts to put a floor jack under it.