ridiculous stealership sticker removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got a pic?

Probably heating it up and using dish soap would work, then re wax.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different stickers require different treatment, there are some like tattoo, almost impossible without damaging the paint. I would avoid buying those vehicles, or ask for something like free oil changes, free wash, and possibly free accessories. Although, they do own it until it is paid off. :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you try a hairdryer to heat it up good first and then try peeling it off?

Dave

george0029

Reaction score
Use a heat gun (or hair dryer) to heat it up, then a plastic razor blade to peel the edges of the sticker off.
Make sure you have some liquid on there to somewhat shield your paint. I would use Meguiars "Last Touch".

If it's still giving you trouble, throw a light spray of tar remover on the sticker, then try the heat gun and razor blade again.

Finally, use the tar remover and blade to remove all excess glue, and wax over the area.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a heatgun, Goo Gone, and alot of patience.
Be very careful with the heatgun, set it on low, and use it very sparingly. A good hair dryer would probably work better.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
hair dryer... and some kind of orange based cleaner... or go to your local vinyl decal/sign company... a place that puts wraps on vehicles, and ask them for advice.. ( for a beer you might be able to get one of them to do it for you)

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a heat gun on low, and plastic putty knife to remove mine.

The secret seemed to be heating it carefully, but thoroughly so the metal behind gets heated as well, otherwise it just acts as a heat sink and cools really fast. I think I used paint thinner (mineral spirits type) to remove the residue, but goo gone or similar would probably work well too.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go get the dealership's competitor sticker then bring your KJ to the dealer and ask them to take it off, if they say no slap the other dealerships sticker right on top of it....then go home and remove it yourself. Let it sit in the sun for a couple hours while you do something else, then peel it.

jake1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came off by first heating it with a blow dryer, which made the letters peel at the edges so you can grab them. Then I just used goo gone to take the adhesive off. Of course you wanna wash the Jeep immediately after to remove all the goo gone. Worked perfectly for me, everything came off without leaving a trace. It looks way better after you remove their free advertising. You can probably use any kind of adhesive remover but that stuff will probably remove the paint too if you let it sit too long.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be able to get it off with a good pressure washer.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Damage from Poor Sticker Removal!

39978[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what happens when Junior removes a sticker. :pp:
This was done before I bought it.
AS you can see it has damaged paint coatings etc.
So take your time,with heat and goo remover of some sort, and plastic scraper as mentioned.
How am I going to fix this?
Of course with another sticker!:happy107:

Attachments

• StickerRemoval.jpg
    StickerRemoval.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0

*BabyGirlJJ*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I debadged my lil babygirl and it was easy!! Just use a hairdryer to heat up the letters and use fishing line to slide behind the letters\stickers... After that you will get some Goo Gone and the glue comes off with a little bit of rubbing! A fun little project too, my 3 yr old helped me out in the garage that day :happy175:

Latest posts

Members online