rear bumper fading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer Bondo Restore Black over the Mother's back to Black seems to last longer it has been over a year since I used the Restore black and still looks like it did the day I applied it.

You must be registered for see images

sootie007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys I have heard this is the holy grail of back to black stuff .. the Chevrolet Avalanche guys tried everything on their plastics and claim its the best and lasts a YEAR. Pricey but hey if it works....I have a bottle on order.....will let you know ...I am in florida so if it works here it ought to work anywhere else.....

http://yhst-13811118617756.stores.yahoo.net/carere1l.html

Update 10-3-09 This stuff is the best I have ever used. Its been on 2 weeks here in Fl. HIGH EIGHTIES 90'S TEMPS AND ITS TILL THERE. ALTHOUGH PRICEY YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR . The avalanche guys had it right . Only thing dont get it on your window glass though. I put it on everything , handles , rack,bumpers , weather strips etc....again the best longest lasting stuff I have ever used. Most back to blacks gels are gone after 3-7 days,,, this stuff is heavier and stays on at least 2-3 times longer.....J

Last edited:

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys I have heard this is the holy grail of back to black stuff .. the Chevrolet Avalanche guys tried everything on their plastics and claim its the best and lasts a YEAR. Pricey but hey if it works....I have a bottle on order.....will let you know ...I am in florida so if it works here it ought to work anywhere else.....

http://yhst-13811118617756.stores.yahoo.net/carere1l.html

SHOCKED.gif That stuff is a little pricey.

Deviations

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to three auto stores looking for the Bondo Restore Black without success.

I did an on-line search and found it at Ace Hardware's on-line store, so I tried the little Ace hardware store a mile from my house and BINGO. It was about $12.00 and came with an application sponge.

I'll be using this on my door handles & roof rack this weekend and I'll post pictures here & on my journal thread.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it is the unpainted type, why not just get them all painted?

Deviations

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer Bondo Restore Black over the Mother's back to Black seems to last longer it has been over a year since I used the Restore black and still looks like it did the day I applied it.

You must be registered for see images

I tried this product over the weekend and was very disapointed with the results. It went on pretty black, but by the time it dried, it had turned to a dark grey.

Last edited:

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, very dark at the very least. I want to use it on my bumper primarily but can't find it in our area. I am reading mixed reviews so I'll hold off ordering. Thx.
________
Fuke Tube

Last edited:

Deviations

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, very dark at the very least. I want to use it on my bumper primarily but can't find it in our area. I am reading mixed reviews so I'll hold off ordering. Thx.

I couldn't find it in the auto parts stores, but did find it at the local Ace Hardware.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.