my $h1t box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tkarner03

Reaction score
heres a little beginning to current state of my kj.

-the day i brought her home. nothing special as you can tell.

You must be registered for see images attach

heres the reason why i bought it.

didnt take long until i got sick of driving around a bone stock jeep.
-first set-up: rustys 2.5 spacer lift and 30x9.5 on some spray painted steelies

not to long after getting the 30s and not being pleased with them i stepped it up an inch. picked up 4 31x10.50 used duellers with about 60% tread on them for 80 bucks. cant beat that price expecially since they lasted me a year.

not to long after putting on the 31s i ordered 1.5' wheel spacers for it. the spacers were deffinately worth it in my opinion.

i rocked the wheel and tire set up long enough to order me 5 d windows from rustys and 4 dayton timberlines. i used my best dueller as my spare since i had the original spare still on the back.

this is the most current pic of it. havent really had the time or funds to do much to it since school started up. but within the next couple weeks all fenders, bumpers and plastic trim peices and maybe a little more should be rhino lined and going to be doing a little trimming of the front bumper to get off all rubbing and to create more of an approaching clearence for the front end.

tkarner03

Reaction score
just about forgot to post up a pic of the antenna a friend made up for me. no sacrifice in radio quality and to me its the perfect size. best part about it is that i just had to buy him lunch at school for the week, which is pretty cheap :party52:

Ciphergiest

Reaction score
Looks good, man. I may have to go with wheel spacers as well. The more I see them, the more I like them. Do you get more rubbing with the spacers on? Are those 16" steelies as well?

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. How many miles on it?

Dave

tkarner03

Reaction score
Looks good, man. I may have to go with wheel spacers as well. The more I see them, the more I like them. Do you get more rubbing with the spacers on? Are those 16" steelies as well?

yeah they rub a little bit up front. i flattened my pinch welds so i dont really have any rub in the back of the wheel well but if your runnin 31 your going to rub at the pinch weld.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Better springs in the front will help you more than anything in the rubbing department since you are running spacers . Rustys are only rated at 310 LB same as stock and sag FAST. OME 927s are reated at 400 lb , better ride and last way longer at least Rustys does use the OME front shocks , but they cover over the OME name.
Expect maybe 20,000-25,000 before they have sagged a ton
just saying............................

tkarner03

Reaction score
Better springs in the front will help you more than anything in the rubbing department since you are running spacers . Rustys are only rated at 310 LB same as stock and sag FAST. OME 927s are reated at 400 lb , better ride and last way longer at least Rustys does use the OME front shocks , but they cover over the OME name.
Expect maybe 20,000-25,000 before they have sagged a ton
just saying............................

i have the original springs on it so they have already sagged a ton. the setups most likely going to stay the same until i have the funds to get the 4' jeepnbyal coilover lift. if i can find some new oem springs then ill just replace the ones i have on there now.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same spacer lift for about 5 months until I could watch my front end sag more ad more throughout the day.. bought ome/rancho front end setup and never looked back. Best option yet. I also had KK clevis and upper strut spacers which gave me close to 4" of lift. Just barely missing axle bind. Prolly good thing I sold it before I blew the cv's ha. But id suggest ome asap

tkarner03

Reaction score
I had the same spacer lift for about 5 months until I could watch my front end sag more ad more throughout the day.. bought ome/rancho front end setup and never looked back. Best option yet. I also had KK clevis and upper strut spacers which gave me close to 4" of lift. Just barely missing axle bind. Prolly good thing I sold it before I blew the cv's ha. But id suggest ome asap

yeah i hear ya about the sagging. ive been giving the lift set up more of a looking at then i expected but, i have to focus my time and money some where else for a quick minute

not having 4 wheel drive in a jeep just isnt right!

going to have to get this fixed and some new tires and then ill be looking to upgrade my lift a little bit.