Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > General Forums > Members' Journals

Register to remove these ads.

Members' Journals

Building for the Wife...

This is a discussion on Building for the Wife... within the Members' Journals forums, part of the General Forums category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! Looks good! Power seats are definitely something I want to install into my ...

The Members' Journals forum allows you to create your own personal thread, showing off your Liberty from the day you got it through each stage of your modifications and buildups while maintaining your personal wish list.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2017, 09:30 PM   #51 (permalink)

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Looks good! Power seats are definitely something I want to install into my Libby soon.
djtimyd likes this.
Ventsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:55 AM   #52 (permalink)

when i get the heated part connected properly and the power part connected properly, I'll do a formal write-up of how I did it. Hopefully someone can benefit from my trials and errors
djtimyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:42 PM   #53 (permalink)

I've encountered a problem with the fog lights. I think I have it narrowed down to the donor wiring harness - but I'll have to take it back out to be sure. I am annoyed that I didn't test this before stuffing the wires inside the jeep. Its much easier to test when I have access to everything. When it warms up, that will be my project.
Ventsan likes this.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:33 PM   #54 (permalink)

FIXED! It was the connector for the wiring harness. Cleaned and bent the pins inward just a bit to force a good connection then smeared some dielectric grease on it to prevent any further corrosion. Next project is the front mudflaps!
turblediesel likes this.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:58 PM   #55 (permalink)

Today I will be experimenting with my door and window and mirror switches. My '05 switches are not illuminated in the door, nor is the second row illuminated in the master switch. I took some from the salvage yard and I'll be testing out the older replacements (all from an '02) in the '05. I know some people don't like the extra illumination, but both my wife and I agree that having a small light to guide the fingers when its dark outweighs the slight increase in ambient cabin light.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:54 PM   #56 (permalink)

failure... and success!... and failure... and sorta failure

The door lock switches do not work... and I can see why. The plug is a 4 wire plug, and at least on the '05 KJ, there are only 2 wires to that plug - the 2 outside wires. The 2 inside wires go directly to the LED (or the spot where the LED should be).

So now I have to see how to tap into a 12v ignition switched wire in the door. I dont know if one exists because the mirror power is on all the time (as far as I know) and the defrost is only on when the defrost relay is on. I don't know if it is possible to tap into the wire for the door lock switch itself or not, and if I do will that cause issues.

The mirror switch worked like a champ - just plugged the old one in and it now glows green as God intended.

And regarding the master front window switch... It plugged in and even illuminated all the LEDs on the older switch, but the front windows don't operate. I was afraid of this because when I looked at the circuit boards, they had obvious differences. I'll see what, if anything can be done there, but I'm guessing that will have to be a hack-job to get the light to those two back switches on that master panel.
Ventsan likes this.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:21 PM   #57 (permalink)

Originally Posted by uss2defiant View Post
use tapatalk on your phone.

I'd suggest also upgrading to the HD cooling as well if it doesn't have any.

TPMS?? move along...
I recently removed mine... Never seen my 03 get hot with standard electric fan and that included towing my daughters Saturn across town. One thing is for sure you knew you were at the max tow limit with respect to weight behind you..

my 02 had the heavy duty cooling and I gladly pulled it off with the water pump change... no room to work with!! when trying to remove the fan shroud - I think the heavy duty cooling has a bit larger shroud because I did not have the clearance issue with my o3 when pulling the rad..

mind you to each is his own perhaps it is really hot where the op lives.
justjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote