'04 KJ Sport "Lil' Blue"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mods so far:

You must be registered for see images

Tinted front windows and windshield to match OEM factory tint

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X399 CD Receiver

Kenwood KFC-P709PS 6-1/2"/6-3/4" Component System

Kenwood KFC-1665S 6-1/2" 2-Way Speakers

Shorty antenna

Husky Mats

Coverking Saddle Blanket Seat Covers

MOPAR Trailer Towing Harness

(pics to follow)

Last edited:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought mine on the 14th of december 130 miles on it for 4 canadian! i got a GREAT deal ..... so far bought 1 more for parts 500$

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my '04 almost 6 years ago now at $8,700! (Only had 51k on the clock) I'm a little bit surprised at the price you paid.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my '04 almost 6 years ago now at $8,700! (Only had 51k on the clock) I'm a little bit surprised at the price you paid.

it clearly has to do with location ... i can tae mine up the road 3 hours and get 6-7 for it here they are 4 i guess local economy is part of the reason why it is higher or lower...
i live ini windsor ... highest unemployment in the country so everything is cheaper... cept gas.. 4 bucs a gallon right now

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it clearly has to do with location ... i can tae mine up the road 3 hours and get 6-7 for it here they are 4 i guess local economy is part of the reason why it is higher or lower...
i live ini windsor ... highest unemployment in the country so everything is cheaper... cept gas.. 4 bucs a gallon right now

Thing is nothing is cheaper here in Jersey. :shrug:

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That sounds like you got a great deal.

I dunno, I think he did pretty good. I paid a tiny bit more for my '05 with 75k miles, but mine is a fully loaded Limited and I didn't get new tires (and promptly had to replace the radiator). I think I did pretty good, the other ones I was looking at were in the 10-12k range and not nearly as loaded (although I did prefer the color on the red '07). To drop below 5-7k you had to start looking at the 130k+ mile Liberties.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like you got a great deal.

I dunno, I think he did pretty good. I paid a tiny bit more for my '05 with 75k miles, but mine is a fully loaded Limited and I didn't get new tires (and promptly had to replace the radiator). I think I did pretty good, the other ones I was looking at were in the 10-12k range and not nearly as loaded (although I did prefer the color on the red '07). To drop below 5-7k you had to start looking at the 130k+ mile Liberties.

12k will get me an 09 lib 15 will get me an 09 wrangler.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used KJs and KKs in AZ are now where near that price. I was looking for another KJ.
Sorry to hijack OP's thread.

Is it better to:
1. replace engine?
2. buy a "new liberty"?

If you had the money would you go for fixing this salvage liberty?
Jeep Liberty "Low Miles" | eBay
Pretty tempting.

It's already been hijacked! :happy175:

IF you have the space and tools and confidence to do the engine swap (and repair whatever damage that can't be seen) then that KJ could be a bargain...

On the other hand, if you find a running example in good shape at a good price....

Latest posts

Members online