Jeep Wrangler TJ Delay wiper Write up..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you have a 97 to 2000 Jeep TJ and don't have delay wipers? Just low and high? Well folks if you want the taste of the fancy Jeep life then go to the junkyard or ebay and find yourself the same year TJ, or an XJ and take the wiper switch out of it! What if your junkyard doesn't have those vehicles? Then look for a dodge Neon! (I will check on swapable years for those that want it)

Anyway its a pretty easy mod for those of us with Wrangler SE's or low end Sport models that just have high or low for our wiper settings. Here's the basic's to help you through the process..
Start with getting the right switch..
You must be registered for see images

Then remove your glove box door and pull the door light fuse (so you don't run your battery down)

then seperate your steering column, its three phillips screws on the bottom. Once you get them off it will look like this...

then remove the screws that hold the two switches in place, note: there are three but I just removed the top two and i was able to get the wiper switch out and unplugged..

Unlpugged..

Once out you can compare the two.. they are virtually the same..

and the new switch goes in and mounts all the same as the old..

Then put everything back together! However I did things a little different this time, I couldn't get the top plastic piece of the steering column back on so I had to take apart the dash a little more..see:

but the extra work payed off and I now have delay wipers, and it looks pretty much factory..

Latest posts

Members online