2010 JK Just installed 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, This section is dead :icon_lol: I figured even though no-one will see this that it was more approriate to post up here instead of in the "What did you do to your Jeep" section above since everyone there wants to see KJ's not JK's lol

Got rid of my 255/75R17's(32's) and got the 35x12.5R17's mounted the other day. Need to cut the pinch weld though before I do anything offroad.

You must be registered for see images attach

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks good, treadwrights? Love the color of the Jeep!!!

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

Yeah they are Guarddogs. I planned to go with Duratracs but the 1600 price tag was to much for me for 35's. Figured I'd give these a shot. Hope it doesn't backfire on me or anything

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tires look great even on the stock JK wheels. I always liked the stock wheels. Love the color also.

Dave

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Traitor! :icon_twisted:

Nah, just kidding you - that thing looks awesome! :waytogo:

By the way, how is the ride?

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It rides rough as hell actually lol. THe interstate is nice and smooth but the horrible roads around town can be rough. I'm good as long as I don't have to pee really bad though. the 10ply's don't help. I can adjust my shocks but even that only gets me so much. I tend to keep them set a little stiffer.

I miss the KJ at times. One thing I've noticed. Since the JK, I get the Jeep Wave all the time which personally gets annoying after a while. But with the KJ, I had people come up to me always saying "man, that's a nice Liberty". with the JK it's just like the million others on the road you know lol

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great with those tires, the originals look wimpy by comparison. I always got, and gave "the wave" when I had a Wrangler. Other than me, there aren't many Liberty fanatics around, and I have as yet to receive a wave from others.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
The only waves I get are the ones missing a few fingers. needencouragement.g:

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. I'm running the 2.5" Teraflex with 35's on my JK too.:happy160:

I've got 35X12.50R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on mine, with the air pressure set to 32 psi, and the ride is actually very good for big MT's. Had to switch it over to 5.13 gears though. It was a pig with the 3.8, 4.10 gears, and auto transmission.

You must be registered for see images

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the Superchips tuner and new tuning installed with eveyrthing. I'm back up to 16mpg average. Still need to regear though.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Jealous= I wish I could put even 31's on the KJ. Oh ya I guess i could with a $20k? SFA mod!
Some of the Wranglers around town here are mental. There are so many that make My Kj look how do I say it...puny.
I still like the smooth ride in the IFS Kj though.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? Then how come I'm running 31s with IFS? Tom is running 32s with IFS

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? Then how come I'm running 31s with IFS? Tom is running 32s with IFS

I know right. His lift should be giving him what, 3" or so. At 3.5", I'm running "32's", no SFA needed here. Granted, they rub a little on the front splash shield in a tight parking lot type of turn, but not while every day driving.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I am little worried off road even thinking 31s. Generally there is 500 lbs of people in and another 300+ lbs of gear. I am sitting at 22.75 right now empty.
Really don't want to pound pinch weld. Really don't like rubbing if it can be avoided, just something waitin to break off road in fenders. Got 17 inch rims on right now...
IDK maybe I could run 31s?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm running 245/70/17s which are like 30.6", so 31s basically. No rubbing except at full lock in reverse. On my second set of that size. I'm sitting lower than you TC, although I don't know how your spacers change it up. But it's a great size to run. No issues off road with that size, doesn't even touch the flares or wheel well liners.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at 22" and running 245/75/16s. Not even close to the pinch weld, and only rub on the sway bar at full lock. And I offroad and no rubbing unless at full lock again. You'll be fine

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great with those tires, the originals look wimpy by comparison. I always got, and gave "the wave" when I had a Wrangler. Other than me, there aren't many Liberty fanatics around, and I have as yet to receive a wave from others.

"The Wave" does not seem to exist where I live for liberty's, Last summer out on a trail I pulled onto the main road covered in mud and at the exact same time another muddy cactus green Renegade pulled onto the road from the other side of the highway and pulled beside me and exchanged the thumbs up, It was surprising!