my classic 1970 ford maverick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thought you guys into old cars might like to see this. i am making fun of all the foam cannon videos by being ridiculous with the editing so look past that.lol

ill have the jeep liberty version up as soon as i edit it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bS7mTVgyi4

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be critical, but avid classic car owners, as I have been for the past 40+ years, don't take a water hose to their cars, since that makes water get everywhere in places you don't want it to go (inside the doors, inner fender cavities, etc). Unless you already drive it in the rain and don't care about longevity. Also, since the dirt that gets on it is water soluble, a plain water sponge bath is all you need, no soaps, which is just removing the wax finish.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks nice flair. Is that a stock paint color? I haven't seen one of those in a loooong time.

Dave

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be critical, but avid classic car owners, as I have been for the past 40+ years, don't take a water hose to their cars, since that makes water get everywhere in places you don't want it to go (inside the doors, inner fender cavities, etc). Unless you already drive it in the rain and don't care about longevity. Also, since the dirt that gets on it is water soluble, a plain water sponge bath is all you need, no soaps, which is just removing the wax finish.

no offense taken. i never drive mine in the rain. but i do use water hose to wash it, which is very very rare. i understand what your getting at, but i just dont want to have to buff it again by scratching it up from not using enough soap and water to remove the dirt. it all acts as a lubricant.

can you point me into a good article or video that explains what you are talking about? if i can clean it a better way then im all ears.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes stock color just not stock paint. its not single stage but 2 stage. looks way better with that clear coat huh?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking forward to see the Maverick after the disc brake conversion & the wheels/tires are on! Sweet Ride!
BTW how the heck did you obtain Ric's belt? WOOO!