****** cooler lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaden

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, yesterday I replaced my rubber transmission cooler lines and I think I might of gotten them mixed up. Can anyone tell me which is the inlet and outlet coming from the transmission to the radiator and would it even matter if there mixed up??? Thank you

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I THINK the hot goes in the top and the cool comes out the bottom but not positive. Surprised someone with more ****** knowledge hasn't cleared this up.

Kaden

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I know the hot goes to the bottom and cool comes out the top. I’m just trying to figure out which line coming from the transmission is the inlet and which is the outlet because I was stupid and took both the lines off without looking to see which is which.

jja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did mine (42RLE that is). The bottom line is the one that runs the hot oil from transmission to radiator. The top line gets the cooled oil back to the transmission. I am positive about this. Touching both lines when the transmission is hot shows which one is which immediately.

Get them fixed 'cause I think there is some kind of pressure reducing device in the radiator and the cooler line has much lower pressure than the hotter one. Dunno how that's gonna work out with reversed flow direction.

Kaden

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found that out after I got underneath there and felt the lines. The lower ****** line goes to the lower end of the radiator and the top line goes to the top of the radiator. Thanks though jja.