Up for a Thanksgiving Weekend Run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for whatever reason I have not been able to participate in any of the runs that have been posted recently. Is anyone staying here in town during thanksgiving? maybe we can do a turkey run...here are a few options that might be interesting (keeping in mind staying close to the Valley):

Backway to Crown King
New River Canyon
Telegraph Line Road

or anything else someone can come up with. Ideally the run would be on Saturday since that is a 4 day weekend. Let me know if there is any interest.
Thanks,

Carlos

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a L.O.S.T. Turkey Day run planned for the 29th in the Bisbee/Douglas area, but so far there doesn't seem a lot of interest. If that falls through the cracks, maybe Beth and I would be up for something here in Phoenix if you don't mind a JK tagging along.

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man i wanna do a run! The mini-run to breakin the new AJ mobile, now this! Arg! I hate having responsabilities at a time like this! Im gonna shoot for a run this thanksgiving too! Tnks giving day will be w/ my fam and friends, other than that, im rockin man. Last years trip to Bisbee was fun! but a local one would be cool too.

Carlos, any chance you can make the bisbee run too? Im gonna try and clear the callender for that run, it's a fun one. If i cant get my **** together and get down there, im down for a local one.

Last edited:

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wazaaa....for the thanksgiving run I am looking for something fairly close to the Valley. The bisbee run looks cool, but that's about 6 hours of drive time (total) I'd rather do off road :) I also have a few house projects that I need to finish...honey-do-list.

If you know some other cool runs in this area let me know to add them as a possibility.

I also want to spend Thanksgiving day with Family so I think Saturday should work right?

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bisbee run looks cool, but that's about 6 hours of drive time (total) I'd rather do off road.

You're correct about the six hour round trip, but... there's also a couple of other things to consider:

- you get to see a different part of Arizona.

- the Tucson/Douglas guys and gals are always coming up to the Phoenix area runs, we can show them some support and go play in their backyard for a change. :) :cool:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're correct about the six hour round trip, but... there's also a couple of other things to consider:

- you get to see a different part of Arizona.

- the Tucson/Douglas guys and gals are always coming up to the Phoenix area runs, we can show them some support and go play in their backyard for a change. :) :cool:

Lets not forget the Douglas Thanksgiving parade! with fully decorated Walmart truck!

Signcutter21

Full Access Member
Reaction score

oh sure now you'll use that excuse on me too and I'll have to drive up that way. lol. Did some great exploring and planning this morning (and got stuck good too). I'll try to get up a pic of this cool wash i found is passable (minus the getting stuck area :) )

mike

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big 10-4, I would love to do the Douglas run but my wife and I are expecting our first child :) so I am working on some house projects that I need to finish that weekend. That's the main reason why I won't have as much time...If anybody is up for a local run let me know :)