AZ Four Peaks Snow Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're calling for snow on Four Peaks tonight!!! Anyone interested in a Snow Run this Saturady morning if there's still snow up there???

--------------------------------------------------------

Four Peaks Snow Run

When: Dec 15, 2007
Time: 0830
Rollout: 0900
Meet: SR 87 (Beeline Hwy) & Four Peaks turn off betweem MM 203-204

Attendees:

- AZJK w/co-pilot
- M&P40
- o8k

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure thing keep an eye on the mnt top...

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, don't think I'm gonna make this one. Hanging out with friends that I haven't seen since HS graduation.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay... is this run on ONLY IF there is snow on the Peaks or what???

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well AJ, this is a "snow run" post!!!! :D but seriously, Ill go either way should be fun...

only thing i need to do this weekend for sure is pick up a friend from the airport sunday late afternoon, and site in my ruger 10/22 cuz ive been itchin to site in the scope i got the other day.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right... this is a "snow run" post, so unless there is snow up on the peaks, let's just wait.

BTW I couldn't tell if there was snow up there today or not. Clouds have been hanging low all day.

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in for snow. There's snow in the Catalinas, looks like about 6,000 ft snowline.

Oh, I'll be solo.

Russ

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just had a good rain tonight again up here in the valley, so who knows.... 4 peaks hits 7300 feet!

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long does it take?

I'm very interested in going but it depends on how long it takes to do this run. I havent done this one and I have family coming in on Sunday, so...I have to clean up the house this weekend...you know how that goes owned.gif(juuupich)....let me know guys but I am definetely interested.

Carlos

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well sunday is booked for me too, so it'll have to be saturday. if the trip runs long again, just dont forget the doritos!!! :D

Grynder

Reaction score
Four Peaks and snow.

Be extra carefull ! When you get near the top theres a section of road that will be ice'd over. Very difficult to navigate even for the best of drivers. You'll know it when you get there. Distance to the top saddle, if I remember correctly is approx. 22 miles. It's a great drive in the snow even if you dont make it past the ice' over section. We've been up there a few time in the last month or so, lot's of traffic ! Keep yer eye's open fer crazy drivers !

The wife and I might be going sometime this weekend but we dont know if were doing it with quads or the Liberty (Liberty = warm, quads = fun, fun, fun !) yet. Either way, we'll watch for the group and say "Hey" if we see ya.

G.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hows it lookin up there aj?

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, question - meet right at the intersection, or at the "parking lot" that's about a half mile in?

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if there was some snow? Is the run taking place? Let me know...and yes, I will definetelly take some Doritos back up :)

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hows it lookin up there aj?
Don't know... I left for work at 0415 and got home at 1825. It was dark when I left and dark when I got home. Didn't get anyplace where I could eyeball the peaks. I was in Casa Grande, Eloy and Tucson all day.

Beth just told me they were clouded over and she couldn't tell either.

I'm off Friday, I'll take a ride up to the cutoff and post early in the day so we can decide if this "snow" run is still on.

Oh, question - meet right at the intersection, or at the "parking lot" that's about a half mile in?
The parking lot is good by me. Yeah about that, it's not far.

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im off friday as well, ill join you on the scouting mission if you want. Lemmi know

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im off friday as well, ill join you on the scouting mission if you want. Lemmi know
Casey... I'm just going to jump in the little red Honda and get to a point where I can tell if there's still any snow up there. I'm not far from the Beeline, so it's just a quick out and back for me, no real scouting to be done.

Here's what some guys over on AZVJC were saying earlier this week....

EDIT: Here you go, an article on Four Peaks. If you hurry and 'can' get to the top of the one of the three unnamed peaks, maybe you can get one named after you.... :D

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
icy steep roads on mountain cliffs! hope there is enough snow on top for traction or this could get hairy, just picket and winch our way up, tie all the jeeps together like the mountain climbers do...

Latest posts

Members online